This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duplicate back buttons appearing in published page

Dear Bluevoda team, I just upgraded to the latest version of Bluevoda ( version 12) and made text changes to my page. When I published the page, the 'Back Button' now appears as duplicates.

Here is the published page: http://www.careforallages.com/assist...ing-rates.html The bvp page only shows the top back button.

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you, Char

Re: duplicate back buttons appearing in published page

You yourself made the doubled entry in the Link Properties.
    Double-click on the Buttons on your BV page to edit them properly.

Now that you are using BV12, you must adhere to the manner in which pages should and should not be created; do not use SAVE PAGE AS to "copy" a page with a new name .... you must individually COPY + PASTE all dynamic elements onto pages separately in order to preserve function. Using CLONE or a prepared 'blank' page Template are other ways to duplicate pages, but again, all dynamic elements (Menus, buttons, LightBox, etc.) must be manually pasted onto pages to maintain functionality.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Dear Vasili, I did not know that SAVE AS impairs dynamic elements. Thank you for that knowledge.

I editted the button style to have the same image for Hover and normal, and this removed the duplicates. However, there is now a bullet next to the button on the published page. I then tried to add a new navigation button in the page to create it from scratch, and BV12 is saying: Selected Button Image not found. Do I need to download images for BV12?

Thank you for your help,
      Char

Comment

You may have inadvertently deleted a Menu that was either created or edited out-of-sequence, and thus the other remaining Menu elements are lacking continuity ...

Choose ONE menu system to duplicate globally across all your pages (generally this is created originally upon the "index" page) and then manually COPY+PASTE it across all subsequent pages (using the Copy and Paste icons only, thus they will be pasted in precisely the same position -- do not use the commands or the right-click methods), and publish each immediately.

If you have page-specific Menu systems (with links particular to that page and only that page), these should be created from scratch upon the page. There should be no disruption of normal function if this is done in this manner.

If you are having difficulties getting your menu to format properly, it is likely due to you either trying to edit a menu that lacks continuity, is improperly duplicated, or you are simply not following the prescribed methods precisely as outlined in the Tutorials. BlueVoda is incapable of being misused, nor will it publish something improperly, so take a close look at your methodology and compare it to that shown in the Tutorials.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Dear Vasili, I did watch the tutorials on creating menus. I also found another post from 4/12/12 with a similar issue that I'm experiencing, but no solution was posted.

I create a new - blank page and click on the Navigation icon from the tool bar on the left and receive the error: Selected image button not found. The Menu bar icon and the go Menu icons work, but not the Navigation icon. I'm just trying to create a simple "Back" button. Is this an installation/configuration issue?

Thank you again, Char

Comment

Working...
          X