• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chucksg
    Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Email a PDF ?

I want to put a PDF job application on my website. After it's filled out I would like the applicant to be able to click the submit button and have it sent to me. I can put the PDF in a inline frame or Html but can't send it. I have looked throughout the forum but can't find the answer.
    I have the PDF that is a editable job application ready to go.
    website is www.valleywidenewspaper.com
    Valleywide Newspapers
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Email a PDF ?

Download, yes - Email, no.
    Two very different functions using different platforms, the most obvious is that email requires input of an address and to originate operation from a platform that may not be shared by the various recipients as a compatible email client (i.e. you can send an email via Outlook 'email link' but it will not include any attachments and will never be 'sent' unless the person opens Outlook to send from their Outbox).

The better logic (and why you could not find alternate methodology) is to simply create an editable PDF download that they can send back to you however they prefer, whether or not you conveniently may provide an email Form with a File Upload field for them to attach the edited/updated PDF Application for return submission (possibly even as a 'dedicated reply' Form on the Application page which can include a distinct email recipient address and header, or as part of your Contact page for more general processing).
    > Tutorial: How to create a download

Of course, the most expedient method would be to simply offer the Application itself as a single email Form on your site, where the applicant can fill out each field accordingly and simply 'send' the "Application Email FORM" as a single, complete email directly from the page without any deviation from standard submission protocol ....
    > Tutorial: How to create an email Form from scratch
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X