• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Metro586
    Private

• Mar 2006

Automatic uploading images to BlueVoda with ConquerCam

Hello, I'm a novice. I have a remote cabin I wish to upload images from using a dial up connection and a program called ConquerCam. I have the domain and have used BlueVoda to upload other web pages just nothing like this attempting automatic file updating through the ftp directly and am not sure if it's possible. My question is: Is there a way to automatically upload to the BlueVoda ftp from ConquerCam? The program will allow me to enter the ftp address and username and password but I cannot figure out how to name the picture file to make the newest picture the current image or to possibly archive the older images with BlueVoda. Has anyone done a web page like this with any automatic program like ConquerCam or similar program with BlueVoda
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Automatic uploading images to BlueVoda with ConquerCam

No, and Unlikely both ... the cPanel does not allow any applications to connect or operate via FTP --- it is specifically created for manual access and operation only, for many reasons, albeit security the foremost.
    Evenso, the process you describe seems highly error-prone, especially on dial-up or via mobile.

Additionally, you need to be aware of VodaHost's Terms of Service that stipulate you may not use a personal hosting account as a file archive, document or image depository, mass storage, or for any data that is not directly associated with the publishing of a page created by BlueVoda. Even if you think to try and get around the Terms of Service, the regular Server Security Audits will likely expose any mis-use to implement unannounced automatic account suspension.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X