• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fountain
    Private

• Jan 2013

Website compatibility issues‏

My website www.fountainmotor.com works fine when viewing it with Internet Explorer, but if a customer trys to view the website through Google Chrome or Netscape the 'About Us' and 'Rental' pages get distorted. The website was fine up till I had to update to the newer version of Bluevoda. Anyone have an idea of how to fix it? I know a bit about computers just enough to get by, but dont know how to read code or anything like that. Thank you for the help. Andy
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Website compatibility issues‏

Too many ways to troubleshoot that would only confuse and frustrate, so the best suggestion is to simply re-build the pages from scratch and re-publish them.

Create upon a NEW BLANK Page a 'Template' first ... COPY+PASTE the Header, Images, logo, etc. but do not duplicate the navigation just yet. Be sure to include the Background and all the settings you want, such as the scrollbars, "Center horizontally in browser," etc. SAVE this basic page design as "Template" so you can make it easier to create additional pages using BV12 without creating conflict between elements.

In BlueVoda, open your "index" page, the earlier Saved page that you are re-creating, and your Template, and then using the COPY+PASTE icons on the top toolbar, add in your navigation and other dynamic elements from your "index" page.

Switch tabs to your AboutUs page, "select" (click once on it to 'select') your textbox, click the COPY icon, switch back to your Template page, and click the PASTE icon to place the textbox upon the new page. repeat the steps for all other elements to embed 'fresh' everything that is required.

SAVE page using the page title needed (about-us) which will ask if you wish to overwrite the earlier page with the same name (click OK), and re-publish.

It should restore continuity issues by this replacing of the page with a "new" clean formatted one.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X