This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• updating info on website

My Domain name is gshcsp.org. We have a site that was build by someone we paid. He is no where to be found. Have all the login info the site but don't know how to. The site was not build from our main computer now that it is time for to do updates and make changes to the site can't. i was told to do an updated version onto our computer which i did. now comes the hard part of converting it to my computer to make the changes. I don't know what i'm doing. i learn fast just need a little hand on instructions. the tutorial help but don't give me enough. I have a support ticket # [#DKA-901493]

Re: updating info on website

I am in the same boat ... I am able to import the pages the former webmaster designed, but am NOT able to publish. When I open the FTP contact window, it appears that the FTP server is rejecting the password of the former gal. She says I'm using the right info, so I will open a ticket. By the way, I receive no error messages when I publish, have toyed around with the folder/file locations until my keyboard is numb! The symptom is that the web page never reflects the updates I have created. ~chrissy

Comment

Re: updating info on website

Both of you need to understand the processes required to "assume" control of webpages, Importing Pages (which involves re-construction), and to Publish pages properly .... and much of this can only be possible after you have confirmed Account information with Customer Support.
      1. You need to verify/confirm access to the account (User Name, Password, proper Assigned Server IP, etc.).
      2. Make sure this validated Assigned IP is in the drop-down list in your installed version of BlueVoda so you can Publish (if not, download a new copy of BlueVoda over current installation -- do not delete it from your computer, simply install over current installation to "over-write" the IP List). If after Publishing pages no 'updates' are seen, it is usually due to publishing to an old IP, as servers are regualrly updated and IP's changed. Knowing the current IP address is critical ...
      3. Properly Import pages according to the Tutorial, including re-formatting of all images, dynamic elements (Menus, Conveyors, Ad banner Rotators, etc.) to re-construct pages according to the required methods. SEE IMPORTING TIPS HERE
      4. Save pages according to the required methods of BV12+ so they can be properly Published. SEE PAGE SAVING METHODS HERE
      5. Publish Pages following precise instructions outlined in the Tutorial

If you have any issues it is likely due to missed Steps or improper method.

There is nothing anyone in the Forums can do to assist you .... it is up to you to work with Customer Service to get your account squared away, to provide you with the pertinent information you will need to use to properly manage your hosting account, and to affirm the methods described to properly create, save, and publish pages to that account.

Once you have created a Support Ticket, you must not post the issue in the Forums, as stipulated in the Forum Rules.
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X