• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmspot3
    Private

• Apr 2013

Totally Stuck at Start

My domaim www.gshcsp.org

Our issue is that website was build on another computer by some we paid. But he is no where to be found now that it is time to make changes and corrections. I have all password and user infomation. The problem is i or we don't know how to make corrections on the site. I was told to do a updated version on to our computer and the changes. I have done that but im stuck at that point. I have followed the tutorial as much as can but it not enough. I have a ticket number[#DKA-901493]: that been submitted. Please need help badly.
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Dmspot3

The Tutorial fully details each step you need to take to update the website after importing HTML pages (assuming this is what you need to do, not having the original page files on your system).

Since you have already submitted a Support Ticket, there is nothing more anyone in the Forums can do to assist you, other than tell you what you already know: 1. Download BlueVoda onto your system; 2. Review all the Tutorials carefully to both understand BlueVoda and to be able to use it effectively; 3. Review the many threads in the Forums to gain some insight to particular methods and techniques.

Personally .... since you are basically "starting over" you might as well truly Start From Scratch: the site is very basic and lacking a lot of professional appearance (if not function and Content). Starting over is not as big a deal as you think, since you can create all the pages you need and using PREVIEW are able to see exactly how they will look before publishing them. Only when you are satisfied and the site is complete should you then publish all the pages, which will then simply "overwrite" the previously published pages (and site).

In fact, to avoid the whole mess entirely and to provide a much cleaner "look" with the added benefit of super-easy method of adding pages, updating content, and universal access to an online Admin dashboard that anyone can sign into from any computer in the world without having to download a special software or have pages saved on their system, you should look into installing on your domain a Wordpress installation. You can auto-install for free Wordpress to your domain via the Fantastico section in your hosting cPanel, and be off and running within minutes! There are thousands of free Wordpress themes you can apply which will give you that professional look you need, and simple customization is easy and outlined in video Tutorials and elsewhere on the Web.

But then, that is simply my personal suggestion ....

> Complete Video Tutorial Archive

> cPanel Tutorial Library
    > Using Fantastico Auto-Installer
    > Wordpress Video Tutorial Library

> BlueVoda Website Builder Video Tutorial Library
    > How To Import Existing HTML Web Pages Into BlueVoda
    > How To Use BlueFTP To Manage Pages In Your Account

Do not create duplicate threads on this issue.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X