• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • satneC
    First Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Advice on "intro page"

I have create an intro page in BV, but I am not sure if I should publish it. What is your opinion on intro pages? Are they OK or not?
    www.photosc.blogspot.com
    www.slodental.com

• Andy128
    Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: Advice on "intro page"

I am assuming you are refering to flash intro pages-correct? If so- I have found that short flash intros are nice. Short being key. Also make sure to include a "skip intro" link so those that use it often can -skip it.

Andy

The link below has some free ones that are short and cool. Scroll down the page to get to the free ones
    Web Design School A decent education – a successful career! Because you are worthy of it. KNOW MORE About Why Choose Us Maximum training accessibility for everyone All classes consist of practice. At the end of the training you will have your own portfolio of work and assistance in finding a job. Practice teachers Experienced […]
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• VodaHost
      General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

I dont like them, just one more click to waste time on.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
        Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

I also don't like them - click off almost all websites with them. However, it depends on your market and who will be using the website. If you are a store, I would say don't do it - you don't want to alienate ANY of your possible buyers. If you are targeting young people, musicians, etc - then it might be the right thing to do.
        Beth
        A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

I don't like them either. I would only use a static intro page just to make my visitors choose their language.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• satneC
            First Lieutenant

• Oct 2005

Thank you all for opinion. I'am also not a big fan of intro pages, but I did find nice slide show maker and the site could have kind a "profi" look.
            www.photosc.blogspot.com
            www.slodental.com

Comment

Working...
            X