X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Designing one website for multiple devices

Hello!

I've been searching the forums for an answer to this question but the only info I find is from 1-3 years ago and it relates to designing a separate MOBI site. (Great and very detailed info, just not what i was looking/hoping for.)

Is there currently a way/trick/work-around/code/etc that can be used when designing a BV site/page where it can be viewed without side-scrolling on all devices - desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone?

I've designed a few WordPress sites that have responsive themes that can be used, but I really like the 100% design control that BV provides and would love to have a responsive design element included in it.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Scott

My Web Design Site

Re: Designing one website for multiple devices

No, there is no shortcut around the protocols of web design, which are unchanging for display in various resolutions across various devices.

For standard display, the maximum page size is 984 pixels wide.
    For standard and Tablet display, the maximum page size is still 848.
    For mobile dvices (including modern large screen SmartPhone) the optimal page size is still 500 pixels wide.

Attempting to separate the logic from the function will always fail you: the smaller the device that smaller the web page design is required, in order to avoid the constant need to enlarge page view or scroll horizontally (scrolling up and down on mobile devices is more tolerable than getting lost on too wide a page). Also, the types of links/buttons used for navigation or functionality must also be simplified for mobile devices, all of which use lighter-weight scripted browsers.

If you had read carefully and understood the Tip Thread on how to create a MOBI site, you would see the simplicity and utility of the DnD script that seamlessly offers viewers the optimal display option effortlessly. It's just up to you to invest the effort to deliver the same customer experience satisfaction.

Again and again, focus on doing good work rather than looking for shortcuts or inventing substitute logic. Much easier!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thank you for your insight and expertise as always, Vasili! I did read your Tip Thread thoroughly and I agree that would be a very clean and simple way to use the DnD script to achieve the transition between a standard site and a mobile site.

I'm not above putting in the extra effort, if needed, to accomplish this. However, a WordPress site I designed using a responsive theme - www.javitarich.com - eliminates having to design a separate mobile site and automatically re-sizes and re-positions itself when viewed on smaller devices. The downside of that site is I was constrained to the template theme/design and could not make it look exactly like I'd like it as I can with BV.

Just was looking to see if BV had implemented similar technology into its website builder. Didn't see mention of it in the tutorials or forums so thought I'd ask.

Thanks again,
      Scott
      Scott

My Web Design Site

Comment

BlueVoda is a HTML generator that no longer uses CSS and simply generates code according to static design layouts and source files, and not a script that dynamically populates style according to configured CSS coding like Wordpress or Joomla.

"Fluid" or Dynamic Templating is not possible using BlueVoda. There are countless threads that reiterate this throughout the Forums.
        . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
        * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
        X