• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chucksg
    Staff Sergeant

• Jul 2008

Manage 2 different BV accounts

Would there be a problem, if I managed 2 separate BV accounts on the same computer?
    A relative wants me to create and maintain there new website (with there own BV account), so I would have 2 different accounts on my computer.
    I don't want to have conflicts with my account, would it matter or is there a better way?
    Valleywide Newspapers
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Manage 2 different BV accounts

No problem at all - I have created and managed hundreds of sites across my own separate hosting accounts for years.

It does mean, however, that only you will have access to the pages created should they need updating, as the page files remain on the one system only. Yet, if someone else downloads BV onto their computer, they too, can create new pages to upload to the same hosting account as long as they have the valid Logon details and permissions.

This limited "shared use" using BlueVoda is why many elect instead to use Wordpress, Soholaunch, or another dynamic platform, as everything done to dynamic platforms is done via the online Dashboard rather than on separate systems and the upload/publishing method.
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
    X