• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cthemarketer
    Corporal

• Jul 2008

Can't get youtube video to play

I have been a long time user of bv and I've never had a problem with this. I recently got a new computer and uploaded the latest bv software and when I use the html box, I am seeing different options at the top that I haven't seen before. (ie...head tags, body)

Now when I put the youtube code in the html box, it doesn't show up. Can someone help?

My site is www.spindingleaders.info and here is the code I put in

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Iq3KCBvzi_s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Can't get youtube video to play

There is a big difference between "Page HTML" (which shows Tabs of Code placement) and a "BlueVoda HTML Box" (which is intended to have scripts and functionalities pasted into) .... and using an HTML Box to present a Player via iFrame rather than the YouTube Media Player is rather questionable also.

From the Toolbar > INSERT > ADVANCED > YOUTUBE > Double-click Player to reveal PROPERTIES > PASTE in video file URL
    *This method uses the URL of the YouTube video, not the "iFrame embed" code you displayed above.

By the way, Chris, the video shows up for me when visiting the page, so maybe it is fine the way it is and you simply need to 'clean up" your computer and the page version that is currently loaded in your browser?
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• evilstepdad
      Sergeant

• Oct 2008

I did a search first and ran across this thread but still can not get the youtube to show up. followed all the directions but when I go to view in separate browser this is what show's up

file:///C:/Users/Leroy/AppData/Local/Temp/preview/preview.html

I first put in the html from youtube but then found this and put in the url but can not get it to show up in the preview, any ideas?

sorry if show's up in a different thread as this is the one I followed but looked at a few trying to figure this out. I have just now started with bluevoda so there is no live site just trying to get to know the program etc. and video will be a lot of it.
      Thanks

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Hi, we go to a register holding page when we go to your site www.spindingleaders.info can you please verify the domain name, we will need to see the page online to determine why your video is not loading.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• evilstepdad
          Sergeant

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by VodaHost View Post
          Hi, we go to a register holding page when we go to your site www.spindingleaders.info can you please verify the domain name, we will need to see the page online to determine why your video is not loading.
          Hello again, thanks for the fast reply but here's the deal, I don't have a site by that name as a matter of fact I don't have a web site at all I am just starting to learn Bluevoda and get used to everything before I actually put together the site that I want. I had in the past actually launched a site and used Bluevoda to do it but that has been several years ago and was not that great at it then so thought I would play around with the program for awhile and get some thing's down that should be almost automatic when I have everything in order and start building the website for real.

I have a index page and one added page called first added page lol. I just want to go to the preview page and see if everything is working but no go on the youtube. My son uses something like Wordpress but I kind of liked Bluevoda so I want to get this to worki

Tried again this a.m. but still nothing.

Thanks

Comment

• evilstepdad
            Sergeant

• Oct 2008

After posting I shut down the computer and did a restart and still nothing so to make sure the preview page was working I added just a regular photo to the page and it showed up in the preview page so the preview page seems to be working just not the dang youtube stuff. I made sure that the url was open for public so I don't think that is a problem.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

> > How to ask for assistance
              . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
              * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• VodaHost
                General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Hi, the youtube video will not play as the page is not published to the Internet, when you use the preview button it is grabbing from your hard drive and not from youtube, thus it comes up empty. We have tested the youtube code you provided, and it will work when the page is published.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                02036089024 / United Kingdom
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
                X