• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chaumi
    Private First Class

• Aug 2005

Text appearance on BV file page extends further on published page online

Say I write 500 words on a BV file page...and then place a video or image a couple of centimetres after the text.

I publish OK, can see the page online....

But the text appears to go over the image or video.

I have to go back to the file and play with moving the video or image up or down, so that on the published page I eventually get it right and it looks how I intended.

Been happening for over a year, have been working round it by above workaround...but maybe there's a simple answer?
    Last edited by chaumi; 02-11-2014, 12:01 PM. Reason: typo
  • autogo
    Corporal

• Nov 2010

Re: Text appearance on BV file page extends further on published page online

What I have found is that on some browsers, the font you are using is not supported or is displayed differently that what you set up in blue voda. So if the font you are using isn't supported on the users computer, then your text may be a different size on that computer causing the entire text block to be bigger therefore taking up more room. I try to stick to basic fonts. seems to work for me. Hopefully this is your issue? I'm no expert, I just happened to run across this a couple times. You can also try to make the size of the text block bigger preventing text wrapping to a new line if indeed the font is displayed bigger.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Re: Text appearance on BV file page extends further on published page online

Originally posted by chaumi View Post
      Say I write 500 words on a BV file page...and then place a video or image a couple of centimetres after the text.

I publish OK, can see the page online....

But the text appears to go over the image or video.

I have to go back to the file and play with moving the video or image up or down, so that on the published page I eventually get it right and it looks how I intended.

Been happening for over a year, have been working round it by above workaround...but maybe there's a simple answer?
      The solution to your problem is a very simple and basic one, outlined in detail in these two posts that when combined will give you the full understanding >> Web Safe Fonts and especially Text Overflows
      . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
      * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
      X