• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Playing music!

Please note that if you want to use the media player implemented in yout BV pages, when publishing, also the mp3 file is being uploaded. If you simply want to have a link to the mp3 and your visitors to click and download the file, then publishing procedures and times are normal. The only difference is that in the first case the media player will appear implemented in your page, in the second case the visitors media player will popup for the file to be opened.

The above as general notes. Will you please explain what excactly you want to accomplish so i can try to give you specific directions?
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Sadain
      Major

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by fnt
      navel..
      you there? i still cant get a download on my music page...
      ive linked a picture, ive went into the CP with a subdomain?...
      what do u think i should try next?

Uploading a file is a little tricky first click on the public_html folder then click on the subdomian folder then click on upload files in that folder which upload folder looks like a folder itself

then creat the link http://subdomianname.domianname.com/musicfile.mp3 once the link is made and someone clicks on it at your page it automatically routs to thier default media player like link your text by highlighting and clicking on Insert then fill in the link as example above

you have to click on the brown folder icons

Comment

• fnt
        Captain

• Mar 2006

hey guys..
        thats the thing..
        i do not have a folder under the public folder..
        i went to subdomains, clicked on it, and it says sub domain maintanance,, then it says current subs.. and it says redirect connect setup, or remve..
        i added a sub there...
        i might be wrong place...
        thanks both of you
        www.follownotrends.com

Comment

• Sadain
          Major

• Mar 2006

When you create a subdomian a folder will be added in the File Manager then in the public_html folder by the same name you named the subdomian the folder will be created instantly after you created the subdomian

You have to go to File Manager in the cpanel then click on the brown folder before the public_html text dont click on the text click on the brown folder before it that will open the public_html folder search for a folder named just like your subdomian you created.

if you click on the text it will take you to tools

then follow the steps I already posted....

Take your time and post later if it worked out.

If the folder is not there create the subdomian all over agian but first delete the first one you created in the Subdomians manager

Note: Subdomains rely on the DNS system in order to function, which means that your DNS information must propagate throughout the different DNS servers on the Internet before your subdomain becomes fully active. This process on the average takes a few hours.

Comment

• Nyoman
            Major

• Sep 2005

Originally posted by fnt
            hey guys..
            thats the thing..
            i do not have a folder under the public folder..
            i went to subdomains, clicked on it, and it says sub domain maintanance,, then it says current subs.. and it says redirect connect setup, or remve..
            i added a sub there...
            i might be wrong place...
            thanks both of you
            If you confuse just publish directly using bluevoda as naval said or use Blue FTP.
            if you want all your music file separate in one folder, create new folder, on Blue FTP click file=>new folder or press F7 on your PC keyboard, named your new folder whatever you want and then upload your mp3 file to your new folder. to dowload it write your link as www.yourdomain/yourfolder/yourfile.mp3
            Nyoman

Comment

• Sadain
              Major

• Mar 2006

Nyoman is right that is another way.

But, the advantage of a subdomain is going to be the speed of your web site loading. If your website is loading everything from one domian it can cause delays in download time, having a subdomain as a file server means faster loading for surfers

Whichever you prefer.

File Manager is tricky with the brown folder links, I had to learn to understand that as well.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Sadain
                But, the advantage of a subdomain is going to be the speed of your web site loading. If your website is loading everything from one domian it can cause delays in download time, having a subdomain as a file server means faster loading for surfers
                Could you please explain? The procedure for a browser to get to a subdomain folder or to any other subfolder in a site, is excactly the same.
                In what way is loading from a subdomain faster than from another folder in the same site?
                Navaldesign
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Sadain
                  Major

• Mar 2006

Subdomains rely on the DNS system in order to function, different DNS servers on the Internet

Broadcasting from the same folders and everything but it just seems faster In any case

Thats my theorory I geuss... I wouldnt know why I just know when I did it without a subdomain the site seemed longer to load because take for instance,

Loaded exstazjianjsadian.com with a lot of mp3's and when you hit the domian it wants to load everthing to Temp Internet Files but if there are links to a subdomain with the Files that are heavy in megabytes and not on the main domian, then the main domian doesnt take long to load.

Just check how long it takes to open this page, with the links to a subdomian http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/music.html

Comment

• Nyoman
                    Major

• Sep 2005

Subdomains rely on the DNS system in order to function, different DNS servers on the Internet

Broadcasting from the same folders and everything but it just seems faster In any case

Thats my theorory I geuss... I wouldnt know why I just know when I did it without a subdomain the site seemed longer to load because take for instance,

Loaded exstazjianjsadian.com with a lot of mp3's and when you hit the domian it wants to load everthing to Temp Internet Files but if there are links to a subdomain with the Files that are heavy in megabytes and not on the main domian, then the main domian doesnt take long to load.

Just check how long it takes to open this page, with the links to a subdomian http://www.exstazjianjsadian.com/music.html
                    hmmmmm never heard about that, but no worry we are all learning
                    Nyoman

Comment

• fnt
                      Captain

• Mar 2006

Indonesia..
                      what a place
                      www.follownotrends.com

Comment

• fnt
                        Captain

• Mar 2006

cant find the folder after ive created the subdomain...
                        and i also cannot upload a file onto a new folder in my blueftp..
                        hopeless case,,,
                        paul
                        www.follownotrends.com

Comment

• Nyoman
                          Major

• Sep 2005

But i am sure you can upload/publish normally through publish button on Bluevoda. Do you? don't say no lol
                          Nyoman

Comment

• Sadain
                            Major

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by fnt
                            cant find the folder after ive created the subdomain...
                            and i also cannot upload a file onto a new folder in my blueftp..
                            hopeless case,,,
                            paul

Did you go to Subdomians and not Add on Domians in your cpanel to create the Subdomians

You have to go to Subdomians...

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Hmmmmm also for me. As Nyo said, i never heard of that either. And no loading of the site goes on when you load a page. So no mp3's are loaded by the browser. The browser only loads the requested page and not anything else. The mp3's are only loaded when specifically requested by a link. ONLY IF THE MP3 IS PUT IN AS BACKGROUND MUSIC will load together with the rest of the page, but in that case it has absolutely no difference if it is in the public-html or any other folder. To verify this, PING your main page and your subdomain, and you will see that there is excactly the same mean response time. I agree about having the mp3's in a separete folder, but just for organisation reasons, not for speed.
                              Navaldesign

Comment

• Sadain
                                Major

• Mar 2006

Info Taken from: http://content.websitegear.com/artic..._subdomain.htm

The third reason for using a subdomain name is to load balance the web servers for a high traffic website. Multiple web servers are assigned different subdomains like www.sitename.com, www1.sitename.com, www2.sitename.com etc, though each of them contain the same application code. When the request comes from the browser, the load balancing software redirects it to one of these servers. DNS load balancing is a simple method of load balancing using subdomains pointing to different IP addresses
                                A subdomain is the part of the website address before the domain name. For example, the address for WebsiteGear forum is http://forum.websitegear.com. Here, forum is a subdomain of the domain name websitegear.com. Subdomains are also known as the third level domains or canonical names. A subdomain, unlike a domain name, is not registered anywhere because it is associated with a domain name only. It can be created by the web host on the DNS server. The most commonly used subdomain is www, as in http://www.websitegear.com. However, there is no need to add www in front of the domain name. Similarly, mail server addresses often have mail as the subdomain, as in mail.websitegear.com.
                                Why are subdomains used?

Subdomains are commonly used to categorize portions of the website. For example, the services offered by WebsiteGear are categorized by their subdomains, such as poll.websitegear.com or rating.websitegear.com. The benefit is that the subdomain can be easily moved to another server if the category gets very popular.
                                Subdomains are also used by free webhosting providers to resell web space under their own domain name (e.g. http://membername.hostname.com). Each member will have their subdomain, however, they all will still share the domain name of the hosting provider. The third reason for using a subdomain name is to load balance the web servers for a high traffic website. Multiple web servers are assigned different subdomains like www.sitename.com, www1.sitename.com, www2.sitename.com etc, though each of them contain the same application code. When the request comes from the browser, the load balancing software redirects it to one of these servers. DNS load balancing is a simple method of load balancing using subdomains pointing to different IP addresses.

Comment

Working...
                                X