Can I import/download website back into Blue Voda Website builder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pigletxx
    Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Can I import/download website back into Blue Voda Website builder?

Hi,

My laptop was stolen this week with all the web design on it! I know I can access the web content using my blueftp account, however just wondered :

1. Is there anyway to import/download the content via blueftp back into the bluevoda web building programme. Or do i have start re-creating the web pages from scratch?

2. If I have to start from scratch, will re-creating the index page & uploading it using same name, links, design, pictures, content etc. affect the pages already uploaded? (ie will they still work)

3. If it won't affect the existing pages, then do I have to delete the existing index page before uploading the re-created one or will the new one simply overwrite the old one?

many thanks for reading

Pigletxx
    Pigletxx

www.peoples-church.org.uk
    local church for local people
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Can I import/download website back into Blue Voda Website builder?

Sorry to hear about your laptop, The easiest thing
    for you to do is to use BV's import html feature.

Click the below to learn more...

http://www.vodahost.com/DemoDemo/bvt4/26.htm

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• navaldesign
      General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

1. Is there anyway to import/download the content via blueftp back into the bluevoda web building programme. Or do i have start re-creating the web pages from scratch?

In BV, File> New Page> From existing html . Give the full URL of your pages. Please note that some features will not work, as banner rotators, menubars etc. and you must build them from scratch. You may also have to adjust the layers (back - front)

2. If I have to start from scratch, will re-creating the index page & uploading it using same name, links, design, pictures, content etc. affect the pages already uploaded? (ie will they still work)

If you keep excactly the same pages names and the same links, everything will work. It will be just like updating some of your pages.

3. If it won't affect the existing pages, then do I have to delete the existing index page before uploading the re-created one or will the new one simply overwrite the old one?

It will simply overwrite the old page.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• pigletxx
        Sergeant

• Feb 2006

Hi,
        Thanks so much for your help... phew!!

i've followed your instructions & they were great!!!!
        However just got a couple more questions if that's ok?

1. On the html page i've imported into blue voda it shows me the pictures it's imported as part of the page. However when I put the page in preview mode it shows everything except the pictures, there's just a box with a red cross. Will the pictures be there when the page is published?

In Blue Voda when i click on a picture the properties box opens & I get a link like the one below

i.e c:\documents and settings\lynne clarke\my documents\bluevoda\images\dorothy50%20(397%20x%205 62)_01.jpg

this link refers to the pictures & files copied from the ftp files back onto my pc.

2. Do I have to set up my navigation bars again as they didn't appear to be imported either?

Thanks
        Piglet
        Pigletxx

www.peoples-church.org.uk
        local church for local people

Comment

• navaldesign
          General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

1. On the html page i've imported into blue voda it shows me the pictures it's imported as part of the page. However when I put the page in preview mode it shows everything except the pictures, there's just a box with a red cross. Will the pictures be there when the page is published?

Go in your IE, visit your site, right click on the missing images, save them ion a folder on your computer. Enter BV, and reestablish the link to the image (to the folder where you have saved it.)

2. Do I have to set up my navigation bars again as they didn't appear to be imported either?

yes, as mentioned in my previous post
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
          X