• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • smeghead
    Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Inserting html codes

Hello all

I am busy tring to promote my website by asking other sites to place a link to mine, and I am reciprocating, however some are asking me to put html codes into my site. The problem is is that the links do not go where I want them to. Can I point to exactly where I want the link to be placed...ie if you visit www.statuesofremembrance.com/links.html you will see that I have a list of links. I may want to put a link sent to me in order of relevance, but can't work out how to do it.
    also should I send html code to others to link to my site or just the name of the site. Does it make a difference to being found in search engines.

I continue to take suggestions to improve the look of my site, so I would appriciate again a little feedback on the site look, and maybe any suggetions for futher improvements. I did think about bringing the pages down from the very top and putting the content into a background frame, but I would like some advise I do.

I really can't express how much I love the whole of bluevoda. I really appriciate the support and the ease of building your own website. It is a shame that my site isn't suitable to take advantage of advertising it.

A thought that has come to me. Could I sell a link to bluevoda on ebay)?
    A Monumental Finale.
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Inserting html codes

I'm going to address how you want the link to your site to be - Unless your name is what you expect people to search for - it is NOT what you want your anchor text to be. The linking (anchor) text should be words that people are using in the se's to find your site.

Now, as to html - these people want you to link according to their title - not with their website address. You can do that by writing it in html - here's how you'd possibly want to do one of yours:

<a href="http://www.any-uk-vet.co.uk" target="_blank">Find a UK Vet</a>
    <br>UK Vets listed here. Find one near to you.

In BV you could do this easily by typing this:
    Find a UK Vet
    UK Vets listed here. Find one near to you.

Then you would highlight "Find a UK Vet" and go click on the link symbol in the tool bar - where you would type in the url and click to have the link open in a new window.

When you are doing links to other websites, then you want it to open in a new window (when you are changing pages on your own site, you don't want to do that.)

Hope this helps.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
    X