• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JAFMER
    Sergeant

• Oct 2007

404 Message Correction

I appreciate the reply to my previous post on this subject. My made the recommended corrections some iterations back and my saved BV files show the url as you recommended that is with the slash mark removed and replaced with a period. I have republished the corrected and saved files several times and if you are picking up the url from some source that is showing the slash ( www.jnjrvstorage.com/services/html) rather than the period (www.jnjrvstorage.com/services.html) then my republishing is not replacing the error.

Does this mean that I need to delete all published record in the CPanel and start over with publishing my pages?
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: 404 Message Correction

Hi, you had changed your directory index page to use capital letters, we have fixed this, have a look now.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• JAFMER
      Sergeant

• Oct 2007

It is now working and I greatly appreciate the help. I am however puzzled as I made very specific efforts in the process of relating to the responses from the Help Desk to save all pages in my computer with nothing but lower case letters, made sure that only lower case letters were used in the link on each page properties and on the properties of the navigation boxes. Where is the directory index page so that I can make the corresponding changes so that in my re-publishing at some future time I do not undo the solution you have made?

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

This is modified in your htaccess file.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X