• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snipe1038
    Special Status

• Nov 2006

Not Publishing

jcrp.org

After refreshing my memory on adding the file name to the ftp publisher I uploaded the updated index. The page uploaded to the correct file but all that appeared in the updated page was an HTML file. The rest of the document is missing, header, menu bar etc. Suspected a corrupted file so I created a new index page, saved it as the index file, uploaded it and no change to the web page. Before I get to radical I am wondering if I should delete the files to jcrp.org in the control panel.

As a refresher to the situation, Laptop crashed, downloaded bv website builder to new laptop, brought in files that had been saved from thumb drive.

Thanks
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Re: Not Publishing

Make sure that when you publish the page you have selected the option publish all files at the bottom of the publish box.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• snipe1038
      Special Status

• Nov 2006

I appreciate ya'lls patience but it turned out to be a corrupt file that was causing the problem. I went into cpanel and deleted all file contents that had anything to do with the website, images, docs the lot. I then went through my lap top and deleted all temp files and then went through each browser and deleted all temp files. Leaving no stone UN-turned. Published an updated page which it did correctly, I checked 5 different devices and the page was as it should be.
      Here is the kicker, on my lap top with the firefox browser any changes I made appeared on that firefox, but on all other devices firefox saw a blank page. Repeated deleting of temp files still left me with the same result, firefox on this lap top would see updated pages but no other device or browser could which is what me to believe that there was a corrupt file some where.
      Again thanks for your patience.

Comment

• VodaHost
        General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

Thank you for letting us know how you fixed it!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X