Meta tag words and phrases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meta tag words and phrases

I am currently adding to my meta tags as follows; these, words, are, seperated, by, commas, etc, etc

Is this correct?

If so, what if i want to add a phrase?

these, words, are, etc, but this one, is a phrase, etc, etc,

Would this be correct?
    www.hobta.co.uk

www.floridabungalow.co.uk

www.e-itstudy.com

www.gpcsystems.co.uk

Re: Meta tag words and phrases

No it would be wrong, your words should be targeted.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Originally posted by VodaHost
      No it would be wrong, your words should be targeted.
      Could you explain a little more please?
      www.hobta.co.uk

www.floridabungalow.co.uk

www.e-itstudy.com

www.gpcsystems.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose
        Could you explain a little more please?
        I don't understand that answer either!

I googled meta tags for you and found this little snippet:

Imagine that you have a stamp colecting website:

keywords content= stamps, stamp collecting, stamp history, prices, stamps for sale,

The underlined give you an idea of what keywords to use and how you should type them.

You can use single words or phrases and as you correctly said in your original question - they should be seperated by a comma. Ive seen them with space following the comma too so keyword comma space keyword seems to be acceptable syntax.

I think your metatags will work better for you if they truly reflect what is on your page. I think that's what ***** meant.

Good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I can't seem to find a straight forward answer to the issue of entering some keywords; such as, ( boat, boat trailers, boat oars, )or do you use ( boat,boattrailers,boatoars, ) . Using the blue voda when I seperate the two words with space bar, you drop down to the next line of type.

Also not sure about wher to start to post a question to get other responses. Really new at all this as one might see !!

Comment

Although Google puts little emphasis on keywords most other search engines do.
            Your key words should be targeted, meaning relavant to your site.

From your example I would use: boat,boat trailers,boat oars

When you combine two keywords its called a keyword phrase and should be seperated. Otherwise it will be read as one word.

I would also suggest leaving no gaps between the comma because the , is read as a break so the bot would read break break keyword. This does not mean you can't do it, many sites do.

Also be cautious on meta keyword repeats and try do derive your first keyword from your title.

Just a quick comment you have way too many keywords and the meta description is very poor.

For example: My main page is titled "boating accidents on large rivers"

My content I would basically write in accordance of my page title or write the content first and derive the page title.

The Bot cannot read stop words such as " it, on, has ect..."

My domain would be mysite.com/boating-accidents-large-rivers.html unless this is your front page.

My first keyword I would use "boating accidents on large rivers,accidents boating,boating and whatever else is relavant to your content.

The main thing to remember is a good page title and try and have that page title reflect in your domain extension if possible. Not crucial, but it does help.

A really important aspect is your meta description, probably more important than your keywords. Your meta description is what describes your page and it too must be relavant to your title, content, and keywords. Google does look at meta description.

I hope I didn't confuse you SEO is a complex subject. At times i find it very confusing, but there are some common rules. pet121

Just a quick note too many keywords and your meta description is very poor.

Comment

Working...
            X