• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devy
    Sergeant

• Mar 2006

I need support

I recently purchased into the Voda program to get what I feel is one of the best web building programs available. I'm having a little trouble and have tried to obtain support but have not been getting much help. Here is my problem. I have an existing domain located at another host and wish to transfer it to Voda. I have tried to transfer it twice and each time received the following response:

"Thank you for your recent transfer request. We want to let you know transfer order #32304614 has been closed.

Below you will find the status of all domains in this order.

The following domain names were not transferred successfully:

Domain Name Rejection Reason
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    stclairtownship.ca Canceled - contact information has not been registered at CIRA registry"

Now, I understand the reason but I'm not so sure I believe it. I have attached my information in regards to the website and cannot see anywhere that would suggest that the site is not properly registered.
    The email suggests to respond to the email if there are any questions in regard to the response. I did in fact respond both times with the attached information, yet I have never received a response.
    All I'm looking for is how to transfer the domain over.
    I 'm not naive enough to believe the problem wouldn't be on my end. I just can't see where it might be though. If there is a problem, then I just want to know how to correct it, not be left in the dark with what to do to next.
    Also, I have opened a couple support tickets and didn't receive a response to those either.
    Can anyone help me out with my problem ??
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: I need support

I'm not so sure that you can transfer a .ca domain name. I live in Italy, and .it domains cannot be transfered anywhere outside Italy. It might also (i say might be, not is) a lock issue: if your domain is very new, it is locked for 2 months since registration.

Anyway, instead of transfering, you can simply point your nameservers to Vodahost. You see, registering national TLDs is something that can only be done within the national frontier, but hosting is a totaly different issue. If you have a CP with the original registrar, enter it and change your nameservers to point at the Vodahost servers where your account is. They are in the welcome email that you have received from Vodahost. If you don't have a CP with your registrar, or you don't know how to do it, just call them and ask them to do it for you.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Devy
      Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Re: I need support

Thank you, I'm looking into it.

Comment

Working...
      X