• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kad
    Second Lieutenant

• Dec 2005

pay pal Question ?

can i please get a few people opinions

1.) can someone please tell me if theres any other way that i or any one can by pass signing up/registering for pay pal and still use it to buy things?
  • Watdaflip
    Major General

• Sep 2005

Re: pay pal Question ?

I don't think so

Register/Login Script
    Do you use a Password Protected Directory? Need a way to allow users to make their own account, try my .htaccess Login Script

Comment

• Girlonthehill
      General

• Oct 2005

This is from the PayPal site - Merchant info:

PayPal has optimized the checkout experience with an exciting improvement to our payment flow.*

For new buyers, signing up for a PayPal account is now optional. This means your customers can complete their payments first, and then decide whether to save their information in a PayPal account for future purchases. The checkout is more convenient, resulting in more completed sales and satisfied customers.

The good news is that PayPal can help boost revenue. UK merchants offering this new, improved checkout enjoy on average a 9% higher total payment volume** than merchants who do not.

Best of all, this upgrade requires no action on your part. The checkout automatically applies to Website Payment tools like Buy Now Buttons, Donations, and PayPal Shopping Cart, as well as our Request Money and PayPal Invoicing features.

Here’s how this easier checkout works:
      1. Customers enter their name and shipping address.
      2. They’re prompted for their credit card, email address, and phone number.
      3. (Optional) After reviewing their information, they may choose to save their information by creating a PayPal account to make future transactions faster.
      Please note that PayPal’s fraud prevention measures remain in effect for buyers who use this checkout. PayPal applies the same techniques for this checkout as it does for other transactions.

To turn the feature on or off, simply log in to PayPal, go to Profile, click ‘Website Payment Preferences’ under the Selling Preferences column and tick the yes/no box under PayPal Account Optional.

*This feature is available to Premier and Business account holders only. It is not currently available for items purchased directly on eBay.co.uk.

** Merchants processing between $5,000.00 USD and $20,000.00 USD total payment volume per month. Source: PayPal June 2005

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• ddstiles
        First Lieutenant

• Feb 2006

Unless you want to work directly with your customers and accept credit you will have to use one service - like PayPal - or another. The protection for the customer and you, and the ability to covert the world's currencies into dollars or baht is a great service and not really too expensive.

DDS
        Dave
        http://www.peacoatpress.com
        ddstiles@cox.net

Comment

Working...
        X