• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devy
    Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Seperate URL

I have pointed a seperate domain to Voda and would like to publish to that site. Where can I find info on how to do so. When I try to publish it will only publish to the site that I registered when I joined here.
    Thanks ahead of time.
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Seperate URL

If you have pointed another domain on your account, you need to add it as addon domain through your CP. This way, a new folder will be created in your public_html folder. You must publish in that folder. To acheive this, when you click on the "publish" button in BV, select as folder "public_html/newdomainfolder" where "newdomainfolder" is the actual name of the new domain folder.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Devy
      Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Ok, I have done as suggested. Here is my info after creating the addon:
      stclairtownship.ca has been setup. It can be accessed via the subdomain devy.devys.com. FTP access has been granted with the user name devy@devys.com and the password xxxxx
      If I read your information correctly, when I go to publish it should be published via the folder selected as folder "public_html/devy.devys.com
      Is this correct? If so, is there a period of time I must wait for it to work? It gives an error prompt that the "no such file or directory"

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

If you have setup the new domain in the folder "devy" you must publish in "public_html/devy" . And yes, the dns propagation time may take 24 - 48 hours. But you can publish wright now.

If you click on http://www.devys.com/devy/ you will see that your new folder has been created correctly. It comes up with the content of your new folder. If you publish an "index" page there, you will be able to see it clicking on this link. But, in order to be able to see it typing http://www.stclairtownship.ca you must wait 24 - 48 hours.
        Last edited by navaldesign; 04-13-2006, 05:56 AM.
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Devy
          Sergeant

• Mar 2006

navaldesign, thanks for all your help :)

Comment

• Devy
            Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Ok, I guess I'm not completely out of the woods. I have successfully published to both pages, but now switching back and forth I have lost what should be the correct folder to publish to.
            Here is what I have tried:

public_html/devy.devys.com/stclairtownship.ca
            public_html/stclairtownship.ca
            public_html/devys.com/stclairtownship.ca
            public_html/devy.devys.com/stclairtownship.ca
            public_html/devy.devys.com.stclairtownship.ca

and many others. Could it be that the folder is correct yet the username and pass aren't?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

The correct folder to publish to is "public_html/devy" . In fact, both your index page and your comunity events pages are there. Click on
              http://www.stclairtownship.ca/ and http://www.stclairtownship.ca/community_events.html

For the others you have probably mistaken the links in the menu or you have not published in the correct folder, so they do not appear
              Navaldesign

Comment

• Devy
                Sergeant

• Mar 2006

That doesn't work for me, I'm getting error 550 "no such file or directory"
                Keep in mind that I have 2 domains. One is devys.com and the other is stclairtownship.ca. The stclairtownship.ca was an addon. I don't know if that helps or not?

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You probably have one or more blank spaces after the ....../devy . Check it out
                  Navaldesign

Comment

• Devy
                    Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Went back and checked and still no go... :( I'm sure it's something easy but I can't see it.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Please try this: in the "Folder" to publish, delete everything, press the delete button some ten times after everything has been deleted, and then type again "public_html/devy" from scratch
                      Navaldesign

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I can see that you have just published your Council Minutes Page. So it must have worked
                        Navaldesign

Comment

• Devy
                          Sergeant

• Mar 2006

It worked!! Obviously I had something misaligned. Thanks alot... again.
                          Thanks for sticking with me Navaldesign.

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

You're very welcome.
                            Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                            X