Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am new.. I need help?

Hi there,

My name is Eddy, just registered Vodahost.

I need help urgently, as I am new to this type of hosting service, previously I am familiar to www.geocities.com which is very user-friendly.

I have the following questions:

1) I have created a html or htm page on MS-Frontpage, how can I upload on my cPanel making it my homepage.

2) How to create a folder to upload my images in cPanel so that my main homepage can display them?

3) If I have created an ebook, how can I upload it onto vodahost for people to download it after they made payments to clickbank.com?

4) What is ftp? and what is it use?

5) How can add my frontpage html or htm pages onto bluevode website builder software so that I can do editing?

That's all for the moment. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Eddy

Re: I am new.. I need help?

1) Upload via ftp
    2) In your control panel you will find a button called Front Page Extensions.
    Make sure they are installed, They will create an image folder for you.
    3) With ftp
    4) Ftp is way to transfer files from your home/office computer to the
    server. click the below for free ftp software....Play around with it till you
    feel comfortable...

www.smartftp.com

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Also below are ftp tutorials...

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks for your prompt.

1) Where is this image folder located?

2) Do I really need to install a free ftp software in order to upload my frontpage files onto vodahost server?

Thanks again.

Eddy

Comment

I have the following questions:

1) I have created a html or htm page on MS-Frontpage, how can I upload on my cPanel making it my homepage.

Name your Frontpage page "index.html". Then you must either publish it directly from Frontpage in your public_html folder on your dite, or manually upload the "index.html" file on your public_html folder using FTP.

2) How to create a folder to upload my images in cPanel so that my main homepage can display them?

IF you need to create an image folder, and IF your public_html doesn't already have one, you can create one using your FTP. BlueVoda has one embedded, it is found in BV, Tools, FTP Manager. For tutorials on FTP click on:
          FTP - How does BlueFTP work

You may also want to watch rontpage tutorials for MS: FrontPage Tutorials Straight From Microsoft

3) If I have created an ebook, how can I upload it onto vodahost for people to download it after they made payments to clickbank.com?

Always using FTP

4) What is ftp? and what is it use?

FTP: File Transfer Protocol Usually used to indicate programmes that can upload or download files for a website. After you give the connection details, (username, password, IP address or ftp name), they work pretty much as desktop file managers, just like Windows Explorer

5) How can add my frontpage html or htm pages onto bluevode website builder software so that I can do editing?

You can insert your existing html pages in BV: go to File>New Page> From existing html Page. Browse in your computer to find the page, or give the internet address (as full URL: http://www.domainname.com/pagename.html)

That's all for the moment. Thanks in advance.
          I suggest that you spend some time looking at the tutorials. They are here: http://www.vodahost.com/tut_bluevoda.htm
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Sorry *****
            I had not seen you were posting
            Navaldesign
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks for the help.. I have successfully used BlueFTP to upload my frontpage html onto my public_html homepage.

I have some other questions regarding adding on new domain.

1) I have register a new domain with networksolutions.com, from the tutorial I know how to change the nameservers of networksolutions to vodahost nameservers, but I have successfully point the new abc123.com name to vodahost, is it possible to create email eg...eddy@abc123.com under cPanel of vodahost. If can, how to do it?

2) Also, how I can transfer new pdf files and jpg files onto this abc123.com domain hosted by vodahost.com

3) How can I also create a similar homepage hosted by vodahost.com but the homepage is actually abc123.com instead of the domain name that I registered with vodahost.com?

Thanks for your help always.... pardon me for my knowledge on this matter.

Regards,
              Eddy Kong

Comment

When ypu point a new domain name in the same account, you must add it as addondomain. this is done through CP. Through this procedure, you must also provide the name of a directory that will be associated to this new domain. This new directory (folder) will be for this new domain, what "public_html" is for your main domain. You must name it something easy to remember: the best thing would be if you named the same as your new domain, in this case "abc123". So the answer to your questions is:
                1. Yes, through CP, Mail, Manage/Delete Account, Add New Account, and you will be given the possibility to create a new account in this new addondomain that you have added.
                2. Just as you did for your index page: upload the PDF files using BlueFTP in this new folder: Go in BlueFTP, click Connect, after connection click on "123abc", and just then browse your computer content (on the left part of the screen, find your PDFs and drag them inside the "123abc" folder.
                3. In your computer create a fsubolder in the BlueVoda folder. Create your new pages, (the first one must also be called "index", but save them in this new folder so they will not get mixed with the ones of your main site. Then publish them in "public_html/123abc" . You are done!
                Navaldesign

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
                  3. In your computer create a fsubolder in the BlueVoda folder. Create your new pages, (the first one must also be called "index", but save them in this new folder so they will not get mixed with the ones of your main site. Then publish them in "public_html/123abc" . You are done!
                  Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I don't understand the sentence in bold.. Please re-explain it to me again.

Thanks.

Eddy

Comment

I am able to upload a new website...

Originally posted by navaldesign
                    Hi,

Thanks for the help so far..

My name is Eddy, client id is 6284. website is www.uniqueasthmatreatmentsecrets.com.

I have successfully upload a website eg.. www.abc123.com.... can I ask how to upload subdomain name eg.. www.abc123.com/testingsurvey.html

Thanks for the help again.

Regards,
                    Eddy Kong

Comment

Working...
                    X