text moving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• text moving

This is on an unpublished site, so I can't show you. I've got about 20 pages done but just had a problem on a product page.

I've used tables to put in the 20 product pictures for this page. Above it is 2 paragraphs of text. I left a right column to use for shopping cart info and specials. I started to insert a line of text to the top of this column - and it bounced it to outside the parameters of the page and moved it about 1/2 way down the page.

No matter where I put it - it was placed elsewhere. I then added text between my two paragraphs - in a new element - and it was moved to the center of the page - into a table.

I've never had BV do this before - and don't seem to be able to fix it. I'm not willing to put tables inside of tables to solve it as that hurts speed in downloading pages and isn't liked by se's.

Any suggestions? Anyone know why this is happening?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Re: text moving

Ok, unless someone knows away around doing a table inside a table - like how I could add a column to that side and add elements to it - I will go back to nested tables.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

There is nothing wrong with nested tables, we use them all the time.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

How do you put a table inside of another one? I've looked through all the BV menus and searched the forum for hours and can't find it - please help?
        (Is there any other help file for BV than just the training vids on the tutorial page?) :/

Thanks
        TS

Comment

Working...
        X