• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Devy
    Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Re: Noahs Classifieds

I'm a self admitted newbie, but learning quickly. I have downloaded Noah's Classifieds, but I'm not sure how to get it incorporated into my website. Is there anyone that can direct me on what to do. I have created a new SQL database for it (or so it appears) and when I look into my cpanel and into Noah's Classifieds it show that it is installed in my site, but I don't know how to merge it (if that's the right term) (upload it) so that it appears there. If there is anyone that has gone through this process the help is much appreciated. Btw, I have looked through Noah's support but can't seem to find the help I need.
  • VodaHost
    General & Forum Administrator

• Mar 2005

This can not be exaplained in a 1-2-3 out line, what you are asking is
    to merge php files with html files, I suggest you hire a web designer for
    this.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Devy
      Sergeant

• Mar 2006

I think I'm misunderstood. Let me explain it this way. When I used Fantastico to install phpForums, it installs into the proper directory "forums" as I so named it. When I try to do the same with Noah's Classifieds, I name the directory "classifieds" but when I go there they appear non-existant. I'm just trying to understand if there is something I'm forgetting to do to get them to work. Once it is there I should have no problem working my way through it's functions. (I hope :) )

Comment

• racefan20
        Major General

• Jul 2005

You should install Noah's Classifieds through Fantastico just as you did your forum. This will eliminate any "missed steps".
        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Devy
          Sergeant

• Mar 2006

I did. I just removed the script and re-installed and now it works. I'm not sure the cause of the original problem but everything seems fine now. Thanks for the support.

Comment

• racefan20
            Major General

• Jul 2005

It could have been as simple as a single file not uploading properly. Glad you got it sorted out.
            My NASCAR Forum

Comment

• Devy
              Sergeant

• Mar 2006

Ok, I have everything installed but there is still a small problem. It won't let me log in as admin. Searching through the support forums at Noah's it appears that the issue may be with our PHP version. Ours is 4.4.1 and it requires 4.4.2. Is there anyway to upgrade it or is there a plan for upgrading in the near future?

Comment

Working...
              X