make my page fit the screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• make my page fit the screen

I am trying to make my page small so that all the info shows on the screen without having to scroll to the right to read it all. I found guide border (blue dashed line) under layout and guide setting. Should I keep all my text/pics inside this blue box to create a page thats easy to read without scrolling over?

Also the width is set 800 and height 600. Is this a good width? Obviously I don't mind if they scroll down the page I just don't want them to have to scroll left and right to read it all. Thanks!

~Catherine

Re: make my page fit the screen

Originally posted by afcat84
    I am trying to make my page small so that all the info shows on the screen without having to scroll to the right to read it all. I found guide border (blue dashed line) under layout and guide setting. Should I keep all my text/pics inside this blue box to create a page thats easy to read without scrolling over?

Also the width is set 800 and height 600. Is this a good width? Obviously I don't mind if they scroll down the page I just don't want them to have to scroll left and right to read it all. Thanks!

~Catherine
    Hi Catherine, yes 800 is a great width to stick to - you should also check the centre in browser box under your page properties. This will ensure a nice, centred site for all your viewers. A good tip, that I've picked up from other members, is to open a shape, make it long and thin and have it around your 795 px mark (tells you bottom left of your screen). This gives you a good visible border to work to. Obviously remove it when you are finished. The last thing I do before saving is double check the page width, in page properties, because it can change itself as you're moving stuff around.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
    X