Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change my domain name question

Hello,
    I was thinking about changing my domain name to more accurately relate to my site. My current domain name is goldenleaf-lighting.com, I would like to keep that so it redirects to my site but would like my new domain to be the main one. How would I go about doing this? I feel that this is the last thing I need to do to complete my site.

If i do this will i have to change all my links to the new domain name?

Will I loose the current e-mail accounts I have?

Will I be able to have e-mail accounts @thenewdomain.com

What is the process to do this?

Please let me know if you have the information I am looking for. Thank You

Re: Change my domain name question

Originally posted by goldenleaf
    Hello,
    I was thinking about changing my domain name to more accurately relate to my site. My current domain name is goldenleaf-lighting.com, I would like to keep that so it redirects to my site but would like my new domain to be the main one. How would I go about doing this? I feel that this is the last thing I need to do to complete my site.
    Buy a new domain name. Then add it, in your CP, as an add-on domain.

Yes.

Will I loose the current e-mail accounts I have?
    No. But to reflect your new domain name you would have to create new ones.

See above.

See above.

Please let me know if you have the information I am looking for. Thank You
    To check out to add new domains - see the tutorials link below my signature.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

]Hello,

Yes. All the links will have to be changed if you wish your new domain to be the hosting domain.

Will I loose the current e-mail accounts I have? After changing the account, to have the new domain name as main account, you will have to ad dagain your existing account as addon domain and re-set the email accouts in your CP

Yes.

You must ask Vodahost to change the main domain name associated with your account, with the new one. I beleive there is a small fee for that. Then you will add your present domain as addon domain.

All of the above, IF you also want to change the domain nameassociated with your account.

Or, which i strongly suggest, just buy your new domain name, add it in your account as addon domain, re-publish your site - no hurries at this point, the old one will be perfectly functioning in the mean time - create your email accounts, and at the end, when everything is working fine, re-direct the goldenleaf lighting to the new one.

Please note that doing so has no difference from the other solution, other than selecting the correct folder to publish to.
      Navaldesign
      Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
      Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
      DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
      Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Goodmorning Amanda!
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Originally posted by navaldesign
          Goodmorning Amanda!
          Good morning, M. G. Naval. Lol. I've just said that in the Lounge. Lol.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
          1-302-283-3777 North America / International
          02036089024 / United Kingdom
          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
          X