Searching your site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Searching your site

I would like some help if possible, or direction on how to add a search tool to my website. I want browsers to be able to type in a word i.e 'computer' and it will bring up a listing or some form of choice for them to direct to.

If anyone out ther has this info or could maybe help me with some html code then i would be most grateful.

Many Thanks

Tom
    Tom

http://www.gfc-local.com
    your local directory, for Burton on Trent

Re: Searching your site

Originally posted by tomgodfrey18
    I would like some help if possible, or direction on how to add a search tool to my website. I want browsers to be able to type in a word i.e 'computer' and it will bring up a listing or some form of choice for them to direct to.

If anyone out ther has this info or could maybe help me with some html code then i would be most grateful.

Many Thanks

Tom
    I think many people use the Google toolbar for this. A forum search will bring up some recent threads on this topic and a Google search might lead you to some scripts that could be utilised for this purpose :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Re: Searching your site

Using the google search feature has limitations - as until Google has really indexed your site, they won't necessarily find what you want them to find.

The one I'm using now is freefind.com - and it works very well and is easy to integrate - you can see it on www.achildspalace.com -

If I can ever figure it out - I'd switch to http://www.perlfect.com/freescripts/search/ - but I haven't been able to load it myself and am not willing to pay the $100 cuz I'd be paying over and over again for all my websites :) - would be willing to pay it for one.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Working...
      X