Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting Background for a page in BVoda....?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting Background for a page in BVoda....?????

Hi people, I'm trying to put a background to my page in Blue Voda but the Background is displaying in a Tile view, and if I put it just as a normal image, the icon of saving, printing etc etc (you know that little icon showing when ever you mouse is over an image at any web site?), that gives a bad reputation for a web site, anyone who knows how to put a background in Blue Voda by the page properties, please can you help me with it? other wise, is that option exists or not.

Thanks
    The Producer

Re: Putting Background for a page in BVoda....?????

Originally posted by Nite Producer
    Hi people, I'm trying to put a background to my page in Blue Voda but the Background is displaying in a Tile view, and if I put it just as a normal image, the icon of saving, printing etc etc (you know that little icon showing when ever you mouse is over an image at any web site?), that gives a bad reputation for a web site, anyone who knows how to put a background in Blue Voda by the page properties, please can you help me with it? other wise, is that option exists or not.

Thanks
    If your background is not the exact size of your required page then it will repeat to make up the space. You may want to edit it in a photo application or MSPublisher. That's how I got around it. :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

You can disable the little save/print button by right clicking on it and disable or you can do it in the tools.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
      royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Amanda, it didn't work,

royb, if I do the option you said, is the individuals will get it or not, that's the main prob, it's not in my browser, it's in the others'
        The Producer

Comment

Nite Producer
          to get rid of the print,save logo. open page html and under start of page enter this code.
          <META HTTP-EQUIV="imagetoolbar" CONTENT="no">

job done good luck with your site.

Comment

You can also use the Pix resizer provided by Blue Voda, as long as you stay true to the image size, meaning only change the initial size on the left to the width of the page you need, the right box size ( length ) will change automatically as long as the "check" is in the box. If you are using a pic that is too small already, it will not transform to a good background any way, so best results are from a little bigger picture or graphic.

Comment

Aliens Anonymous, you are a pro, can you tell me how did you make that photos and animations in your web site undownloadable, it's just when I opened your web site I had a feeling that I can't download them and I said alright let see if there is an option to block them to not get them downloaded, so I said this guy is a pro.

thank you for the code but I won't try it, to trust a pro in internet and being a beginer is like going to a secret services and give a name that you are not
              The Producer

Comment

Originally posted by Nite Producer
                Aliens Anonymous, you are a pro, can you tell me how did you make that photos and animations in your web site undownloadable, it's just when I opened your web site I had a feeling that I can't download them and I said alright let see if there is an option to block them to not get them downloaded, so I said this guy is a pro.

thank you for the code but I won't try it, to trust a pro in internet and being a beginer is like going to a secret services and give a name that you are not
                do you mean the popup when you right click .
                try that code it works fine .
                the disable right click script is a different one

Comment

I am having the same problem. I tried the code suggested by Aliens Anonymous and it works. But, I have to remember to do that for every page, and I will be adding a lot. Isn't there any html to tell the background not to tile?

Comment

Are you using BV? If so, simply clone your pages, maintaining the formatting.

And (if using BV), setting images to *******tion as a background can simply be a matter of re-sizing your image (as mentioned) to a greater size. Avoid distortion by actually loading the original image size, if possible (4x6, etc.) and you can either let it do it's thing 4 to a page, ....or THEN resize it after restoring the original pix size to at least 1200 wide, the new average page standard default.....
                    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Thanks Vasili. I could stretch the image without too much distortion. The image is simpy a shape that I use the gradient feature on. So it is dark blue on the top and slowly fades to white. If I stretch it far enough so that it won't tile (unless the page is real long), I loose the gradient effect. Plus, I don't like the way the pages load. They appear to flash as the blue image takes a fraction of second longer to load. See what it looks like here...

http:\\www.christian-lyric-warehouse.com.

It is obviously a work in progress, and some of the links don't work yet. I want to decide on the background before producing any more pages. I welcome any suggestions.

Another question, if the entire background is an image, when someone right clicks, they get the menu for the picture instead of the page properties. That is not very professional, is it? What do you think?

Comment

[quote= is that option exists or not.

Thanks[/quote]

Hey man, just click browse if you wanna find the right image. Go into whatever folder you want and search for the right image :). Then click the 'Ok' button and your problem is solved =D. Or if it's a picture click on the 'Rollover' button. Lol, was about to say The Easy Button. Hope this helps with your problem!

Comment

Working...
                        X