800x600 - How do I do that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 800x600 - How do I do that?

I'm having a problem with my website in that it displays correctly on my pc at home but not elsewhere and don't know what to do. I've already sent a query to Vodahost support and they tell me that I have to design the page for 800x600 displays to ensure that it displays right.

Easy to say but how do I do this?!

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    Catherine

Re: 800x600 - How do I do that?

Right click on the page, click on page properties, set the width to 800 - but you have to make sure you don't put ANYTHING outside of that width, or it will change to the different width.

It's really hard to say if this is the reason your website isn't displaying correctly - it could be the fonts you are using, or the size type in some cases, also. You didn't explain what was displaying incorrectly on others?
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

Dear Bethers,
      Thanks for your quick response
      What's happening is that the text at the top is running into a new line when it shouldn't.
      When you say set your page width settings to 800, at the moment when I right-click as you say, the settings read

Page width 3524 Page height 3495

Are you saying that 3524 should be reduced to 800. Am I understanding you correctly? That seems like an incredible difference?

As to the font I'm using it's Ariel black which is nothing extraordinary so I can't see why such a common font should be a problem with Vodahost website builder.

Please say if I've misunderstood something obvious.

I'm not ashamed of being a learner

Comment

There is NO screen that can read 3524 LOL - so I don't know how you got there. Many computers in businesses are set at the 800 resolution, which is why that was recommended. But, even if you don't want to go all the way down to 800 for your width, I recommend you go no higher than 1024.

Can you give me the page url to look at? So I can see the text you're talking about?
        Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
        SEO - The Basics

Comment

Dear Bethers,
          Of course...

How I got to 3524 is a good question. That was the standard setting when I installed the web building software and I took it for granted that it would be right.

Thanks again.

Catherine

Comment

Well, it looks like you changed the settings and it all displays fine for me now. Which text is wrapping? If it's the foreign text - it looks to me like it belongs on it's own line and with the size of the text above it, it couldn't all fit on one?
            Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
            SEO - The Basics

Comment

Dear Beth,
              Yes, I did take your advice and yes, the foreign text should be on the second line.
              Thank you for checking.
              You have been very helpful and I'm grateful to you.

Catherine

Comment

You're very welcome - glad it was such an easy fix!
                Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                SEO - The Basics

Comment

Hi Bethers...lets forget the 800 blah blah etc...I can't get an answer to my little situation. Can you please help me?

I have a website template that I would like to use...except it has text on it and I will have to change it to my needs.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

stressless

Comment

Originally posted by stressless
                    Hi Bethers...lets forget the 800 blah blah etc...I can't get an answer to my little situation. Can you please help me?

I have a website template that I would like to use...except it has text on it and I will have to change it to my needs.

Can someone tell me how to do this?

stressless
                    It depends on what file type it is but you may be able to edit it using Paint shop Pro or Photo Shop (or one of a number of similar applications). The chances are though that it hasn't been saved in a layered way so you will have to be clever in how you edit it - using coloured boxes with your text in, for example, to cover up old stuff. Good luck :o)

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                    02036089024 / United Kingdom
                    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Some templates come with type and give you the option to changing all of them. Some don't. Some you can edit as Amanda suggested, some you can't - if you purchased this template, I suggest you find out from whence you got it - what variables on it are "user friendly".
                      Beth

SEO and Marketing Tools
                      SEO - The Basics

Comment

Originally posted by stressless
                        I'm sorry (okay, not really), but this is just rude. You post on someone else's thread and then suggest that the subject of that thread be forgotten in favor of your issues? If you have a question, create your own thread.
                        My NASCAR Forum

Comment

Working...
                        X