X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offering free and chargeable ebook to visitors

Hello,

I want to offer visitors to my site the following:

1. a 'free' instruction guide in form of an ebook (either PDF or Word format)

2. and a 'chargeable' document or ebook

In order to do accomplish this, I must setup a click button that take them to a form to capture their name and email address. After completing this short form, then they may download the form or ebook. Of course the free one is direct, but the chargeable item my be paid by PayPal first.

How do i make this happen? I have no clue how to do this.

I am not experienced enough to determine if this option or capability is available in the control panel or elsewhere in your product.

Please help.

Thanks very much.
    Robert

Re: Offering free and chargeable ebook to visitors

You must publish the paid for ebook in a password protected directory. After they pay with Paypal, and you receive payment confirmation, you send them the username and password together with the link to the PDF file.

You can also have them redirected directly to the link of the ebook from Paypal. In this case, you should put a robot file for SE NOT to list this file on their indexes, otherwise the link yould become visible to everybody.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply, appreciate it.

In terms of the first option:

"You must publish the paid for ebook in a password protected directory. After they pay with Paypal, and you receive payment confirmation, you send them the username and password together with the link to the PDF file".

Question: How do i create a password protected directory in BlueVoda website software? I assume I need to do this with both options?

Second option:

"You can also have them redirected directly to the link of the ebook from Paypal. In this case, you should put a robot file for SE NOT to list this file on their indexes, otherwise the link yould become visible to everybody".

Question: "the link to the ebook" i assume is the password protected directory? Where is this "robot file for SE NOT" found?

As you can see all this is completely foreign to me and any step by step instructions you can provide is highly appreciated.

Thanks again
      Rob

Comment

Question: How do i create a password protected directory in BlueVoda website software? I assume I need to do this with both options?

Only for the paid for ebook. To create a password protected directory, go in your site Control Panel and Click on "Password protect Directories". Just follow the wizzard.

Second option:

"You can also have them redirected directly to the link of the ebook from Paypal. In this case, you should put a robot file for SE NOT to list this file on their indexes, otherwise the link yould become visible to everybody".

Question: "the link to the ebook" i assume is the password protected directory? Where is this "robot file for SE NOT" found?

No, the link is http://www.yourdomain.com/passprotec...y/filename.pdf of course change the site name and the folder and file names.

The correct is: Search Engines Not to list
        Visit this site to get your file:

http://www.1-hit.com/all-in-one/tool...-generator.htm

Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
        X