• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • headlands
    Sergeant

• May 2006

Creating drop down menus

I created a drop down menu, but the tags are too close and need to space them a bit.

Is there a way to insert spaces between each button name? I tried the 'Insert Split' option but nothing happens.

Thanks
    Robert
  • navaldesign
    General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Re: Creating drop down menus

Originally posted by headlands
    I created a drop down menu, but the tags are too close and need to space them a bit.

Is there a way to insert spaces between each button name? I tried the 'Insert Split' option but nothing happens.

Thanks
    Robert
    There is no way to do it directly. You should create the dropdown menu, view it's html code, copy it, than delete the drop down, insert a HTML box in your page, paste the code in there, and change a number that corresponds to the spacing. Of course, this way the dropdown will only be visible in preview and when published. If you are interested, let me know.
    Navaldesign
    Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
    Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
    DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
    Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• headlands
      Sergeant

• May 2006

Thanks navaldesign...but think i will stick with the simple version for now. I do however need help with my other issue regarding the temporary URL given me to view my uploaded pages. Seems i can only view the index, the other 2 cannot be accessed by clicking the menu buttons. I must have done something wrong. Site: www.headlandsgroup.net.

Thanks

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Sorry but i can't see any of your pages, ican only see your directory, and it is completely empty. Nothing in it. Did you delete the content by mistake?
        Navaldesign
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• headlands
          Sergeant

• May 2006

Hi Navaldesign,

Yes, I deleted them, but will upload 3 for your review and opinion.

Thanks,
          Robert

Comment

• headlands
            Sergeant

• May 2006

Navaldesign,

Another question(s) for you if i may....

1. I created and named my pages to match the menu buttons feeling they needed to match. Of course i inserted the _ between words. Must the page name match the button?

2. If i wanted to delete only one page from my site in file manager, how would i do that and include all items on that page? I experimented by deleting the html folder but it seemed it only deleted the folder and not all the items as well. Any shortcuts?

Thanks

Comment

• Tazmarlin
              Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Hi Naval,

I have followed your advice & used the HTML to space out my drop down menu but now I have achieved this my buttons that I have created next to my menu don't line up with the text in the HTML box. Any suggestions on how I can recitfy this or can I add the image of my buttons into the HTML box along with the coding already in there?

Thanks,
              Linda

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Not sure what you are talking about. Please provide a link to view if you have published the page.
                Navaldesign

Comment

• Tazmarlin
                  Staff Sergeant

• Nov 2007

Hi Naval,

I have published my "template" at www.ourdordogneholiday.co.uk/template.html . As you can see from the menu bar on the right, this is my first drop down menu but they are too close together as I wanted them to match with the sunflowers on the left. I then used the HTML box to insert the code used in the menu on the right & changed the spacing to 20. The menu bar on the left spaced OK but now does not match up with the sunflower icons. Is there a way for me to add the HTML code from the sunflower into the HTML code for the menu bar so that it all lines up? Also, I notice that the drop down sub menu's are not showing on the left hand menu but are showing on the right hand one. Is this something I have done wrong when I copied the HTML coding fron one to the oth?

Thanks for your help,
                  Linda

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

I am not sure what you have done excactly, nor do i remember having suggested ever this method to "combine" two different menus.

What you are trying to do is better accomplished using css / dhtml. Try to find some similar customizable menu on the net to use in your site. Or, open the BV css files and try to edit them in order to have the sunflowers image in your menu.
                    Navaldesign

Comment

• Goga
                      Private

• Jan 2008

how do i edit after i have published my website???

Comment

• navaldesign

• Oct 2005

Just edit the page and publish it again. It will overwrite the old page
                        Navaldesign

Comment

Working...
                        X