My page links are not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My page links are not working

This is Earltnetwal.com. I have published my site and my index page and two external links work, but my internal site links do not. I have used the convention www.earltnetwal/com/my_page.html being careful to use the underscore for the space and to put HTML at the end. What am I missing? Thanks Earl Netwal enetwal@mn.rr.com
    Earl Netwal
    enetwal@mn.rr.com
    www.earltnetwal.com

Re: My page links are not working

Earl-

http://www.earltnetwal/com/my_page.html is not correct.

It should be;
    http://www.earlnetwal.com/my_page.html

But- that doesn't even bring it up. Make sure that you save and then publish to make sure the links and new page made it to the server. Also- make sure that they are spelled exactly the same and not in a seperate folder.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

My website is earltnetwal not earlnetwal.
      Earl Netwal
      enetwal@mn.rr.com
      www.earltnetwal.com

Comment

Sorry- missed that. It's late.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Okay, perhaps I know what I did wrong. The pages I created I had intended to post on a godaddy account I had, not realizing that i couldn't do that. When I first published it, I still had the other web site name in the links. I subsequently changed them and uploaded the corrected pages again. I presumed the files would overright the original file I posted with the wrong domain links. Am I mistaken about this? How do I see what files are on my page. Whn I FTP to my other site I can see the files. How do I do this in BLuevoda land? How do I pull everything down and then republish the corrected files?
          Earl Netwal
          enetwal@mn.rr.com
          www.earltnetwal.com

Comment

You can view all the files in your public_html folder via the FTP Manager.

I assume that you created the pages with the BV Webbuilding tool? If so- simply pull up the bvp file from your BV folder on the computer- change what you want with the BV Webbuilding program >save>publish via the publish icon and it will over-write the old one.

To move files (such as doc, jpg, videos, pdf etc...) from the computer to the server- use the FTP Manager.

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I did create the pages in blue voda. I uplaoded them again and I still am not able to go from page to page. My index page appears fine as do two external links. But my other four pages do not work. I've re-examined the links I set up and they appear fine to me, as I described them above. Its late so I am going to bed, but I would welcome any additional suggestions. My personal goal to get this page up is tomorrow, the end of the month. I know I'll get there, but frustration mounts.
              Earl Netwal
              enetwal@mn.rr.com
              www.earltnetwal.com

Comment

You have typing mistakes, that's why your links won't work. F.e., you "About Me" page is "About_Me.html" whilst the link in your menubar is "about_me.html". Click on http://www.earltnetwal.com/About_Me.html
                to see your page. I suppose that you have similar mistakes also in the rest of your links.
                Navaldesign
                Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thank you. I have made the corrections and now my pages all load. Horray, I have my first do it myself site up, thanks for the help. Details can be confusing and frustrating. I am glad to have the support system you offer. ETN
                  Earl Netwal
                  enetwal@mn.rr.com
                  www.earltnetwal.com

Comment

Working...
                  X