This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marquee in BV8

Thanks for the BlueVoda website builder 8. You guys and gals go way out and beyond.

Not sure if this is a bug or not. But the marquee for the up and down, alternate, I am having problems on the amount of space it goes up and down. I wanted it in a small space like I had before, now it goes in a bigger space and over objects in the site.

How can one control the size of space? I close it down small, but it keeps returning to a large area.
    Thanks....Bird

http://www.fromtheheartofangels.com/

Re: Marquee in BV8

try the simple things first
    have you published yor page
    if so have you saved it first
    robobobo
    Blog Insomnia.com Blogging Help,Guides & Tips
    Techinfo-4u.com Tech Discussions and Guides
    www.visionlandscapes.ie
    [COLOR=#22229c[/COLOR]

Comment

I have the same issue with the marquee. It seems to affect the up & down and not the left or right scroll. I had to hide the marquee behind a bit map and further up the page so it would stop where it normally did before.

Thanks.
      hrlyrdr

Comment

Originally posted by robobobo
        try the simple things first
        have you published yor page
        if so have you saved it first
        Yes, I have had it there for the last couple of months. It was saved and published. this didn't start happening until after I downloaded the blue Voda 8. Now, I can't adjust how much it bounces up and down, in a small area. ?? I finally had to take it off, until it is fixed.

Comment

If you think you have a problem with the Marquee, please give the steps how to reproduce that behaviour. We are not aware of any problems with the Marquee.
          Please note that the Marquee is a standard HTML component (implmeneted in the Browser), so we can not fix something we didn't make. Maybe it's just standard behaviour?
          Forum Moderator
          BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo
            If you think you have a problem with the Marquee, please give the steps how to reproduce that behaviour. We are not aware of any problems with the Marquee.
            Please note that the Marquee is a standard HTML component (implmeneted in the Browser), so we can not fix something we didn't make. Maybe it's just standard behaviour?
            Check this link out from the google cache page. Short strokes up and down, thats what I had before.
            http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=1

Now check my link below and watch the scroll. I have too much play. I could control it before.
            alternate, up, 120 delay, 1 speed. same settings

I have no idea what happened.

Comment

We did not remove any features from the Marquee that could control the scrolling amount.
              The previous implementation was not cross browser compatible and had a few bugs. In version 8.0 these bugs are fixed.
              To control the height of a Marquee (and the scrolling amount), simply decrease it by making it smaller.
              Forum Moderator
              BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

I also am having the same issue with the Marquee since 8.0. No matter how the box is sized, scrolling starts at the bottom of the page. My issue is with scrolling up. Also will not center on page. IE, Mozilla, same thing. Not an issue before 8.0. Can I get the earlier release of Blue Voda anywhere until this is fixed?

Comment

Prior to 8.0, my marquee that scrolled down was placed between a bitmap and my navigation bar. When it scrolled down it stopped right where it was placed on my page when I was building it. After 8.0, the marquee was still in the same place but scrolled several inches further down the page. I changed nothing with the marquee. Now, in order to compensate for this longer scrolling area, I had to place the marquee under the bitmap about an inch or so up the page, move the marquee to the back so it couldn't be seen scrolling down the page through the bitmap and now it stops where it originally was placed prior to 8.0. Also as I stated in my original reply, I also have a left scrolling marquee that still works fine. It seems to have only affected the up/down scrolling.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.
                  hrlyrdr

Comment

Hi guys,

Just wondering, I'm not into technical on web, but could any body explain me what is the marquee or give a link to see it?

Thanks in advance
                    The Producer

Comment

Try removing it and then re-adding it. It works when I do it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
                      02036089024 / United Kingdom
                      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Ok, I was able to reproduce the behaviour but I have no idea, why it happens for some reason the browser ignores the height parameter for the up and down direction.
                        We will implement a workaround in the the next update.

In the meantime you can add this workaround yourself:

1. Right click the Marquee and select HTML from the context menu.
                        2. Click 'Inside Tag' and add
                        height=88
                        where 88 must be replace with the actual height of the marquee.
                        Forum Moderator
                        BlueVoda Spe******t

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo
                          Ok, I was able to reproduce the behaviour but I have no idea, why it happens for some reason the browser ignores the height parameter for the up and down direction.
                          We will implement a workaround in the the next update.

In the meantime you can add this workaround yourself:

1. Right click the Marquee and select HTML from the context menu.
                          2. Click 'Inside Tag' and add
                          height=88
                          where 88 must be replace with the actual height of the marquee.
                          Thanks Pablo, works like a charm now. It works!!

Comment

That has also worked fro me. Thanks Pablo!

Comment

It worked for me as well. Do you know when the update of the version 8 will be released?
                              Paulus

Comment

Working...
                              X