• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 502guy
    Corporal

• Jun 2006

page width

I already have another web page and I'm going to reconstruct it in BlueVoda. Most of my visitors/traffic use 1024X768 resolution. Whenever I try to add my banner at the top, it either has leaves a black space on the right side of the page, and if I try to center it, it still won't work.

Please help!

thanks
    Last edited by 502guy; 06-05-2006, 03:28 AM. Reason: typo
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: page width

In order for the 'centre in browser' function to work your page must be no wider than 800px. You need to check your guides, make sure everything is within the 800px mark then change your page properties so that the page width is 800px. Then save and publish.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• 502guy
      Corporal

• Jun 2006

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
      In order for the 'centre in browser' function to work your page must be no wider than 800px. You need to check your guides, make sure everything is within the 800px mark then change your page properties so that the page width is 800px. Then save and publish.
      Thanks for the response.

My banner is 960 pixels wide. Should I resize it to 800 for it to work properly? I want the banner to cover the entire page from side to side.

Thanks again

Comment

• Girlonthehill
        General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by 502guy
        Thanks for the response.

My banner is 960 pixels wide. Should I resize it to 800 for it to work properly? I want the banner to cover the entire page from side to side.

Thanks again
        If you want to use a page that is 1024 then your only option is to re-size the banner. If it's an imported image file then you will need to use a photo editing package to do this. If you are certain that is the setting that most of your viewers will use then that's the way to go. However, 800px is the 'standard' and most used width of a webpage because it enables everyone, regardless of their settings, to view the page properly. At 1024 - many people have to sideways scroll which is a very bad thing.

It's your call as only you know your viewers. Good luck.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X