(PLEASE HELP) I Need Help With Linking Pages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (PLEASE HELP) I Need Help With Linking Pages

Is there just a quick way to explain how to link pages together, the sava as index thing won't work for me. My index or (MYWEBPAGE) has one button that I'm trying to link to (MYNEXTPAGE). This has got to be very simple but I don't get it, I have looked at the tutorials over and over. I wish there was a drag and drop method. I just want to link one page to another page in my project.
    PLEASE HELP

Re: (PLEASE HELP) I Need Help With Linking Pages

Originally posted by MAD3216
    Is there just a quick way to explain how to link pages together, the sava as index thing won't work for me. My index or (MYWEBPAGE) has one button that I'm trying to link to (MYNEXTPAGE). This has got to be very simple but I don't get it, I have looked at the tutorials over and over. I wish there was a drag and drop method. I just want to link one page to another page in my project.
    PLEASE HELP
    Your Home Page (or front/first page) MUST BE called index
    You do not have a choice in this.

If your second page is called MYNEXTPAGE then your link would be http://www.mywebsite.com/MYNEXTPAGE.html

That's it.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING.
      1. Question: Why did you say name it index, but you call it up as mywebsite.com

Comment

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR RESPONDING.
        1. Question: Why did you say name it index, but you call it up as mywebsite.com
        mywebsite.com is where you will use your own website name. Seeing as you didn't tell me your website name I had to use that as an example.

your link will be http://www.nameofyourwebsite.com/MYNEXTPAGE.html
        This is the link you will use in your index page to link to your second page.

Where I have used nameofyourwebsite.com - insert the name of yours. Okay?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

I understan what your telling me. But when I start my software, start with blank page, save the first page to index, create a new page named page 1, I go back to my index page and add a button to try and call up page 1 which I think would say (http://index.com/page1.html?)

I gess I'm not understanding something about the index and any name I save a page as, and calling it up. This is so simple I'm really lost. I'm trying to just understand and see blueVoda way of doing this.

Could you mean going to page properties and naming the page there?

Can you help me anymore, Sorry to be so lost

Comment

I understan what your telling me. But when I start my software, start with blank page, save the first page to index, create a new page named page 1, I go back to my index page and add a button to try and call up page 1 which I think would say (http://index.com/page1.html?)

I gess I'm not understanding something about the index and any name I save a page as, and calling it up. This is so simple I'm really lost. I'm trying to just understand and see blueVoda way of doing this.

Could you mean going to page properties and naming the page there?

Can you help me anymore, Sorry to be so lost
            No, no, no.

You need a domain name for your website. Mine is called girlonthehill.co.uk

You need to buy a domain name OR register for a paid hosting package with VodaHost and get one free.

index is the name of your index page NOT your website.

Let's imagine that you have bought a domain name for your website called alphabet.com (This will be replaced by YOUR domain name when you get one)

Your index page you save simply as index
            Your second page you save as page2
            When linking from index to page 2 your link will be: http://www.alphabet.com/page2.html

When linking from page 2 to your index page the link will be:
            http://www.alphabet.com/index.html

I really think that, if you are still struggling, you need to go back and watch the tutorials over again.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Thank You, Thank You

That's what I needed to here, I must have missed it in the tutorials over and over again. As you may have a concluded already, I'm new to this all.

Some software allows you to view and edit your web pages offline, it sounds like the only way to us this software is to have a domain name first, so you can view your project (ONLY) to see if links or anything eles work. (I hope that's the just of that problem). This is the second time I've been in a forum, on saturday I was told to get out off Sothink forum if I did'nt no what I was doing and RTFM. Thank you for being so helpful, the software looks to be very easy to use. Thanks So Much!

Comment

Thank You, Thank You

That's what I needed to here, I must have missed it in the tutorials over and over again. As you may have a concluded already, I'm new to this all.

Some software allows you to view and edit your web pages offline, it sounds like the only way to us this software is to have a domain name first, so you can view your project (ONLY) to see if links or anything eles work. (I hope that's the just of that problem). This is the second time I've been in a forum, on saturday I was told to get out off Sothink forum if I did'nt no what I was doing and RTFM. Thank you for being so helpful, the software looks to be very easy to use. Thanks So Much!
                You are very welcome. Good luck with your site!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Working...
                X