• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beto
    Corporal

• May 2006

More on page titles...

As I understand it, there are two page names 1) the file name that appears nearly everywhere like on the tab in BlueVoda and on the file name in BlueFTP 2) the page title you assign in properties.

How do these differ in terms of their usage? Which one should be used when assigning a link?

I am using Seamonkey with tabs and the name on the tab was 'untitled', so I assigned a page title in properties and now when I publish, the new page title does appear.

My domain name is htorganizer.com.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bob
    Beto
  • Girlonthehill
    General

• Oct 2005

Re: More on page titles...

Originally posted by beto
    As I understand it, there are two page names 1) the file name that appears nearly everywhere like on the tab in BlueVoda and on the file name in BlueFTP 2) the page title you assign in properties.

How do these differ in terms of their usage? Which one should be used when assigning a link?

I am using Seamonkey with tabs and the name on the tab was 'untitled', so I assigned a page title in properties and now when I publish, the new page title does appear.

My domain name is htorganizer.com.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Bob
    Hi Bob!

Okay. The page name is the file name. This is what you use when saving your page and linking your pages. Your link from, say your index page(homepage) to your page2 would look like this: http://www.htorganizer.com/page2.html

The page title is different and is only used to display in the browser tab. It helps your viewers with navigation. This is the title you give your page in the Page Properties section. If the name on the tab was 'untitled' then you haven't given the page a title in page properties.

If you believe that you have given your page a title then it's probably your browser caching. Hit F5 a few times or hold down the shift key whilst your page is loading.

Does this clarify it for you?

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Bethers
      Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Also, the page title that appears in the browser window - is very important to se's - so make sure it's a good keyword rich title.
      Beth
      A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
      SEO - The Basics

Comment

• beto
        Corporal

• May 2006

Very good my ladies. I now understand the difference and importance of the two. Thanks for the explanantion.
        Beto

Comment

Working...
        X