buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buttons

I have already set up a button to email me but I want to have a button to email my site from the visiting party to another, from the button. I can't seem to accomplish this. Any advice.

Re: buttons

Originally posted by bgelb
    I have already set up a button to email me but I want to have a button to email my site from the visiting party to another, from the button. I can't seem to accomplish this. Any advice.
    What you're after is called a 'tell a friend'. Try a search - top of the page. This topic has been covered in the forum.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

thanks for your direction, but try as I might, I cannot figure it out. I am a novice and the explanation is over my head. I have published a webpage with no problems, and have had no problems linking other sites via a button, but I still can't figure out
      Tell a Friend. If you can explain it in laymans terms, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by bgelb
        thanks for your direction, but try as I might, I cannot figure it out. I am a novice and the explanation is over my head. I have published a webpage with no problems, and have had no problems linking other sites via a button, but I still can't figure out
        Tell a Friend. If you can explain it in laymans terms, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
        This is as layman's as I can do, courtesy of NavalDesign. Don't be afraid to try - that's how most of us learn. So if you make a mistake - delete it and try again:

Tell A Friend Script
        I’ve seen in many posts that members of the forum are asking for a “Tell a Friend” script, so I thought I could prepare one, using Bluevoda.
        The script itself consists of two parts: the visual part, which is a simple form built directly in Bluevoda, and the processing script which is built in php, using SMTP authentication. The script is called “tellafriend.php” and uses two php classes: phpmailer.php and smtp.php.

The form has three visible fields, and three hidden ones: Subject, Message and Your email address. The hidden fields make it easy to change the subject and the message passing through the necessary variables directly from the form, so you don’t have to edit the script itself. The same goes for your email address used for sending the email. In the message field you should also put your URL, so they can click on it and visit your site.

I could have used hidden fields also for the necessary username and password, so you wouldn’t have to edit the script at all, but then these would be visible in the page html.

You can edit the form using simply Bluevoda, you can stretch it, colour it, use background colours in the fields, and of course, after opening the page, you can copy / paste the form in any other page of your site.

The php script is called ”tellafriend.php”. When you upload it on your server, you can give it any name you want, but if you do, change also the action in the form accordingly.

So the steps are the following: download the tellafriend.zip from here. Unzip it on your computer. Open the Bluevoda page and edit it if you want. Remember to give in the hidden fields, your own values for subject, message and email address. Save it and publish it on your site. Open the “tellafriend.php” file using Notepad, edit it as required putting in your Control Panel username and password, go to “Save As” , choose as “File type” “All files”, and save it again as “tellafriend.php”. Upload it on your site. Upload also the “class.phpmailer.php” and “class.smtp.php” files that you unzipped. You are done!

Fell free to try the script at
        http://www.southernmarine.info/tell_a_friend.html If you put in your own email address, you will see also the subject and the body of the email.

Please note that I have put a “Hi $friendname” as a salute before the body

If you need further information or clarifications, please contact me at
        http://www.navaldesign.info/feedback13.html

Thankyou!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
        X