Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need assistance formatting the views of my website............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need assistance formatting the views of my website............

http://www.ccburns.net

Wondering if anyone can assist me in getting my website formatted to where the view shows the same on all sized monitors. (Example) On my 19" monitor, certain lines of text on my website that should be just one line is correct. But on a 15" monitor, it may show on two lines.
    Is there a way to make it where it shows the same on the 15" monitor. I know it has something to do with the frames, I believe.

ccburns.net

Re: Need assistance formatting the views of my website............

Originally posted by ccburns
    http://www.ccburns.net

Wondering if anyone can assist me in getting my website formatted to where the view shows the same on all sized monitors. (Example) On my 19" monitor, certain lines of text on my website that should be just one line is correct. But on a 15" monitor, it may show on two lines.
    Is there a way to make it where it shows the same on the 15" monitor. I know it has something to do with the frames, I believe.

ccburns.net
    The only thing you need to do to make it right for everyone is make your pages width 800px wide and centre it (by clicking the 'centre in browser' button in page properties.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

I will give it a try.

Thanks

Comment

I am still running into a problem with this because I am using a template and I dont see where in HTML to change the page width. The only with change I see is for my logo at the top of the body of the page.
        Any other suggestions? Can you pull a "view source" on my page in IE and see where I can make a change?

Comment

You are using Soho. Unfortunately Soho cannot center pages. Not only, but it also resizes dynamically the width of the tables it uses, so you can't really accomplish what you want. The look will be different depending on the monitor resolution.
          Navaldesign
          Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
          Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
          DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
          Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Thanks for the info. That helps me out, and let's me know that I can't change it.

Comment

Working...
            X