Carrot topped A's ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrot topped A's ???

Why, when I edited my paged in my control panel did carrot topped a's suddenly show up? Thought it was Coppermine but its on my non Coppermine pages. Their support sent me to look into my html editor. how do I fix it?

Re: Carrot topped A's ???

I do not understand what you are trying to say, please try again.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Here is my page...http://www.caringlaser.com/events.html. Every time I edit my page in the control panel html and save it the A's show up.

Comment

A very unique issue indeed, I have never heard of this one before? What
        have you done???? Just re-do the page.
        Last edited by VodaHost; 06-12-2006, 08:03 PM.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

That's not as easy asy you say. (At least with my measly two chevron ranking ;o) ) Its hapening on my coppermine page as well and its not editable in BV. I have been told its the html editor. Once I uploaded my pages I have made many changes using the editorand the pages I have started with saved on here in BV arent current. Whats the best way to approach this from here?

Comment

This happens when I click "save" on the html editor. Once I delete them and preview they are gone until I hit "save" again and they are back.

Comment

Just a thought- It may well be that the BV web builder has a corrupt file. Try un-installing. THen locate your BV folder (usually C drive> Program Files> Blue Voda Web Builder ) and delete the folder.
              **DO NOT DELETE THE BLUE VODA FOLDER IN YOUR -MYDOCUMENTS FOLDER**

RE-Start computer

THen down load the newest version of BV and re-install.

That may solve our problem.

Andy
              PHP- is a blast!

Comment

I havent used the BV to update these pages, I used the html editor in the control panel. Does this matter?

Comment

Well- ***** would best be able to answer that. Personally- I would suspect that is a contributing factor to the problem.

My question would be- Why via the html editor and not the BV Web builder program?

Andy
                  PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Because I have a coppermine gallery as well and I have to edit the banner on that page through the CP. While I am there I update my events page quicker there than to go to BV than back to the CP to add links. Never had trouble editing pages on the CP until last week. I really havent used the BV builder in months and the pages I have saved arent current with the changes made on the CP. Will my updating the BV software have any affect when editing on the CP?

Comment

CG-

Well, I am in hopes that ***** comes back to the table on this one. To be honest, I am not sure what the ramifications could be doing it that way.

As coppermine is an addon application, I can understand needing to edit it via cpanel. But BV web pages were designed to go through the publisher to be visable on their servers. So- if you designed them and published them via the BV web builder- they contain code that wouldn't ordinarily be present with a straight html page. The servers are designed to interpret that code and publish a page accordingly. Thus- the question. By going through cpanel will that sub-vert that code in any way? I really don't know. I can't wait to find out though.

I hope ***** returns.

Sorry of no help here.

Andy
                      PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Can you clarify:
                        did you create the pages in BV?
                        Does the Carrot 'A' appear on all pages?

Comment

Originally posted by CGPhotoMom
                          I havent used the BV to update these pages, I used the html editor in the control panel. Does this matter?
                          Yes, this is most likely the problem BV page are designed to be edited in BV.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
                          291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Comment

Manual editing has created some kind of conflict. View your page code, and copy it . Open your original bv page. Insert a html box in it. Paste the code in the box. Set again meta tags (description, keywords etc. Center the page and give it black background. Save and publish.

This procedure will override the code conflict
                            Navaldesign
                            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
                            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
                            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
                            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

That worked for my BV page. Now, I have a coppermine gallery that I edit from my CP file manager in the template. How can I fix this? http://www.caringlaser.com/Coppermine/index.php

Comment

Working...
                              X