HELP!!! - What have I done!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP!!! - What have I done!!

Go into the BV page and click on the navigation bar. Re-choose both the button and the mouse over image. Click ok- save and publish and see if that doesn't re-set it. Odd problem.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Nope it still lost my history button but only the index page
      www.silver-maple.ca Lakeside camping in beautiful Northern Ontario

Comment

Delete that button- save- close and publish. Then re-open and add another button and use the move up/down buttons to position it.

Save-close and publish.

Andy
        PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Ok I did that and its still doing it - only its now doing it on all my pages. I used the gradient tool on all of them any idea why its doing this?????

Comment

Ok- lets back track a little.

What are you attempting to put in that corner -specifically? A jpeg? A Navigation button? A simple shape- square?

Andy
            PHP- is a blast!

Comment

It was a simple qsquare which I used the gradient tool to colour a grey to white fade. It looks fine the the BV window its only when it's published that it starts to do it's own funky thing - lol - websites - AAARRRGGHHHH

Comment

It appears that it is getting the gradient image confused with the history
                nav bar. Perhaps by freak of nature -it was given the same file name (i.e.- bv01234).

Give this a try. Open a blank page and create your gradient image as you desire. Open FTP Manager and connect. On the server- create a new folder and name it test. (Highlight server side and then File>new folder)

Publish the new page to this test folder. Does the image still do the same thing?

If so- I suggest that you completely uninstall BV- and re-install as there is a corrupt file that is giving your shapes- the same file name as your navigation bars.

If not- open the test folder on the server side and highlight the image file created. Use the move to button to bring it back to your computer. Once on your computer- open the page you wish the image to appear. Delete the old one and then use the image tool to select the newer gradient square and place it in that spot. Size to choice and then save and publish.

I know it is alot of steps- but this is all I could think of.

Andy
                PHP- is a blast!

Comment

Bitz,
                  It looks like you have inadvertedly placed the picture inside the navigation bar. Consider deleting the pic, make sure you clcik outside the nav bar and then add yr pic. Did you create a template ?

Also, since you are telling users that you are still udner construction, consider a link for your e-mail. Hightlight your e-mail then click the hyperlink button in menu, unde Link Type choose "mailto" and for URL "mailto:you@yoursite.com"
                  Bill
                  www.blueearthtea.com
                  www.ftaaconsulting.com
                  www.iaval.com
                  www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Originally posted by bill2006
                    Bitz,
                    It looks like you have inadvertedly placed the picture inside the navigation bar. Consider deleting the pic, make sure you clcik outside the nav bar and then add yr pic. Did you create a template ?

Also, since you are telling users that you are still udner construction, consider a link for your e-mail. Hightlight your e-mail then click the hyperlink button in menu, unde Link Type choose "mailto" and for URL "mailto:you@yoursite.com"
                    I deffinately haven't placed the pic inside the nav bar I just checked, and I'm leaving the nightmare of sorting my webmail out until after I have gotton over this hiccup!! lol

Andy 128 - I'm gonna try and do what you say but I a little blank on how you mean to do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X