I'm back need a lot of help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back need a lot of help

I have been trying to get into the system, but can not find anywhere to log in, and start setting up my site. I am so lost. I got the letter with all my site url stuff on it, but nowhere can I figure out how to get in.
    I haven't even posted on the website I first got before I joined you. I sm so new to all this, I feel embarrased to even have to ask these questions. I have viewed the tutorials on how to build the site, but I have only 3 pages done, and can not figure out how to connect all this.

Re: I'm back need a lot of help

Originally posted by Beadlady
    I have been trying to get into the system, but can not find anywhere to log in, and start setting up my site. I am so lost. I got the letter with all my site url stuff on it, but nowhere can I figure out how to get in.
    I haven't even posted on the website I first got before I joined you. I sm so new to all this, I feel embarrased to even have to ask these questions. I have viewed the tutorials on how to build the site, but I have only 3 pages done, and can not figure out how to connect all this.
    Hiya Beadlady, don't be embarrassed, it's easy to become a little disoritntated when you first begin. You go to one of your pages that you have designed and when you are ready to publish it to the web hit the publish button (in the top menu bar). A pop-up publish screen will appear. Here is where you need the information that came in your welcome email. Scroll down the IP list to find the one mentioned in your email. Then add your login and password. To publish to your main site ensure that it is set to publish to public.html (which is automatic when you begin) then hit the publish button.

There should be instructions in your email to get you into your control panel as well. Type in the URL in the browser bar then use the same login details provided to enter and have a look around. There is a tutorial available on using the control panel which might help familiarise you with it.

I hope that this helps for now and don't be afraid to come back if you get stuck. Above all - have fun!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Hi Beadlady,

I'm also not familiar with creating webpage. What i normally do is to create my webpage using MS Frontpage. and to upload/publish it, i use fillezilla (FTP).

I have not use BV yet... but they say... it is easier. good luck.

Comment

oopss.. btw, the link to download filezilla http://sourceforge.net/project/showf...group_id=21558

have fun

Comment

Working...
        X