• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mac22
    Sergeant

• May 2006

Bugs? Not sure!!!

A couple of strange wee things.

Although my 'books to read' page is set to 800 x 700 I still have useable scroll bars showing - a smallish one on the horizontal, but the vertical wants to move a fair bit. I've definitely published the sizing, (at least triple checked) not sure what the cause is. Why don't they just go away!!??

Secondly, I've got two pages with a fair amount of graphics. In particular, it is the 'colourworks products' page that's causing me grief, if I want to scroll down, it's jerky and very slow, (not when online, but when I want to work on the page) is this due to the graphics on the page? If so, then why doesn't it happen on my other 'velshas products' page?

Finally, I wanted to copy & paste a fair bit of text,(sizing from 0 - 5000 vertical) which I did, then decided to change the font...why can I only select what I see on the screen and not the whole text box. I mean if I want to create a large background box I can drag the pointer to as far as I want. Does the text box behave differently? Just realised, as I'm trying to work on that it's jerky too!

BTW I'm using the latest Version, if that makes any difference!!
    Thanks in advance.
    www.tiamats.co.uk
  • Marc Sanders
    Second Lieutenant

• Mar 2006

Re: Bugs? Not sure!!!

May be able to advise on the images issue...

Check the file extension on the first free moving site images against the one on the second.

some files save larger in different formats, *.JPG's *.BMP's *.gif's etc...

Just a passing thought when I read your problems???
    Marc Sanders

Currently working on: www.fakeitbikinistore.co.uk
    Messenger: tealc_of_chulak********.com

My philosophy: keep your friends close, enemies closer.....!

Comment

• Mac22
      Sergeant

• May 2006

Hey there Marc, cheers for trying to help me, mate!

Old Ms Impatient here is glad to know somebody is out there listening to my whining!! (All my images are jpegs btw). But I've decided image heaviness can't be the cause of the 'jerky-page-scrolling *******' because as I said, the new page I was creating a wee while ago is only text. All I want to do is change it from arial to my regular font, and the page coughs and splutters its way down sentence by sentence!

I've no big mad background prog running, I've plenty memory. I'm no techie, so don't even know if my questions are so stupid they just aren't worth answering!

And as for the permanent (unnecessary) scroll bars ...??.... I suppose I can cope with them as they are an attractive lilac colour!
      www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

• davidundalicia
        General

• Mar 2006

Mac, If you select the text box and double click then select edit, then select all, you should be able to paste over the lot..or whatever............select all or ctrl+a

have fun
        Have fun
        Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
        Newbies / Beginners Forum
        FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
        My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
        Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• royb
          Major General

• Mar 2006

Just had a look at your home page and the width is 960,

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
          royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

• Mac22
            Sergeant

• May 2006

Thanks davidundalicia. Will give the select/edit etc that you've recommended. I wish I could remember these shorthand instructions...ctrl + a etc. Cheers. :)

Royb, m'dear, I know my home page is 960, that's not my petty grievance at the moment!! :) It's the 'books to read' page that's not resizing properly, despite being published @ 800 x 700.
            www.tiamats.co.uk

Comment

• navaldesign
              General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Your "bookstoread.html" will not behave properly because you have a horizontal line that exceeds the page width. This line is far below your background rectangle, almost one page height. Remove it, set again the page width to the correct number (at the moment BV refuses to do so, because it "sees" the line) and publish again.
              Navaldesign
              Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
              Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
              DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
              Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
              X