Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back button

Ok, heres a new one from me,

I want to create a back button on my page - rather than leave the viewer to use the one in the browser itself. I can't use the buttons and put each page I want to go back to as they sometimes differ and the object viewed can be located in a couple of destinations.

For instance (I will try to make this clearer)

I have 9 individual pictures on page 'A' titled all products. Each picture links to a description in a sub page. (the sub page needs a back button)

I also have another page with again 9 individual pictures (Page B). Some of these pictures are the same as page 'A' so the links are the same as i don't want to duplicate information. At the moment I am looking at 'B' clicking a link, hitting 'back' and going to page 'A'!!

There must be a simple just 'back' button surely?

I know you guys can get me out of this mess, if you understand my essay that is?

Regards

Marc
    Marc Sanders

Currently working on: www.fakeitbikinistore.co.uk
    Messenger: tealc_of_chulak********.com

My philosophy: keep your friends close, enemies closer.....!

Re: Back button

Marc..

I am assuming that you want your visitor to click the 'back' button from the 'sub-page' to return to either page 'A' or 'B'.

If that is the case, there are 2 options:

1. Use any button and link it to the page 'A'. Copy the button with its properties into every sub-page that is relevant to page 'A'. Repeat for the same for pages relating to page 'B'.

2. Use a standard code that takes the visitor back to the previous page they came from.

That's what I would do.

Comment

Hi Mark!

Yup there is a button that you can use. Open your page, goto Insert, Form and choose Advanced button. This button is much more design friendly in that you can change the colour and appearance by right clicking (in properties, Style), change how the text appears by simply editing it and then in Properties, General decide how the button works. You need to set it to 'on-click' and to 'navigate to previous page'.

I hope that this helps.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
      1-302-283-3777 North America / International
      02036089024 / United Kingdom
      291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

First method is what I already have and this has prooven problematic in the sense that I will have to create more pages, I think close to 1000 is enough though

It's the standard back method that I need - but don't know where to look for it? Please help...cheers
        Marc Sanders

Comment

Theres always someone cool enough to answer every question - cheers, just what I was looking for but couldn't find!

You're a star!
          Marc Sanders

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sanders
            Theres always someone cool enough to answer every question - cheers, just what I was looking for but couldn't find!

You're a star!
            I'm always happy to help!

VodaHost

Your Website People!
            1-302-283-3777 North America / International
            02036089024 / United Kingdom
            291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

Working...
            X