• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gregwvu
    Private

• Jun 2006

Creating Bold type in a Text Box

I am going to be updating my website daily and I wave created and area in the center of my homepage where i will be creating a lot of text. But I would like to be able to have people see posts from 15 days ago for example. I love the I dea of using the Text area button except I cant figure out if there is a way to make only some of the text bold and use different size font in different website builder areas. Does anyone have any suggestions of what else I could use to accomplish this.
  • Bethers
    Major General & Forum Moderator

• Feb 2006

Re: Creating Bold type in a Text Box

Actually - it's very easy in the text box - just type the entire thing - then highlight the words you want bold - or italicized - or a different font - and make them each such.
    Beth
    A Child's Palace - Pinata Palace - Moxie Enterprises

SEO and Marketing Tools
    SEO - The Basics

Comment

• gregwvu
      Private

• Jun 2006

Im sorry, I meant in the Text Area. With the scroll bar

Comment

• navaldesign
        General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

The text area box can be styled by double clicking on it, then selecting Style, and setting the Font type, style color and size. But it will affect ALL of the text in the text area.
        Navaldesign
        Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
        Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
        DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
        Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

• Andy128
          Major General

• Dec 2005

Well-

If you would like to make it so they can see earlier posts- maybe you could have the text area in an I-Frame. Then you could simple put some space between posts and people would be able to scroll down and look while not moving your original page.

Bold- Italics etc... Just highlight what you want changed and change it with the menu buttons -just like MS Word.

Andy
          PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• navaldesign
            General & Forum Moderator

• Oct 2005

Andy's suggestion is technically correct. The problem is that an I frame needs a page to display, and a page with lots of posts, all in the same page, would take long to load, or you should at least create one (or more) page (s) for each date. I didn't suggest anything on the technical part of the issue as a correct solution would require a database driven page, where posts would be automatically displayed (just as in a forum).
            Navaldesign
            Logger Lite: Low Cost, Customizable, multifeatured Login script
            Instant Download Cart: a Powerfull, Customized, in site, DB driven, e-products Cart
            DBTechnosystems.com Forms, Databases, Shopping Carts, Instant Download Carts, Loggin Systems and more....
            Advanced BlueVoda Form Processor : No coding form processor! Just install and use! Now with built in CAPTCHA!

Comment

Working...
            X