Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can You "Point" me in the right direction?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can You "Point" me in the right direction?

Can someone tell how to set up pointing where one types in (in my case the long version of my website abcdefg.com, but is directed/ pointed to abc.com I looked through the knowledge base saw "pointing " referenced but no "how to's". I await your reply.

Re: Can You "Point" me in the right direction?

Originally posted by Dween Bean
    Can someone tell how to set up pointing where one types in (in my case the long version of my website abcdefg.com, but is directed/ pointed to abc.com I looked through the knowledge base saw "pointing " referenced but no "how to's". I await your reply.
    Hi!

Have a look in your Control Panel under 'Redirects' - see if that's what you're looking for.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
    1-302-283-3777 North America / International
    02036089024 / United Kingdom
    291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

go up to the clock tower turn left make the first right past the man walking his dog down the hill first set of lights turn left and i its on your right
      The get vasili to join our forum campaign has begun

www.thatgoodsite.com and our forum of fun also starring my hero vasili
      Weve got movies,arcade,radio,T.V,chat,music,funny vids,jokes and lots and lots of fun for free

Comment

Originally posted by Girlonthehill
        Hi!

Have a look in your Control Panel under 'Redirects' - see if that's what you're looking for.
        Hi Amanda:
        I'm getting an error message when I enter a redirect . . . something about entering an extention and correct handler. Do you know what they are talking about? Or better yet send me a completed redirect sample that I could look at. What I need to redirect is : http://www.electricpaintbrushgallery.com to redirect to my website: http://www.epgusa.com
        Desparate for a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by allstarfaces
          go up to the clock tower turn left make the first right past the man walking his dog down the hill first set of lights turn left and i its on your right
          Don't wish to argue but it is the second set of lights !!!

Comment

Edwina,

As of 5:24 P.M. PST, ElectricPaintBrushGallery.com is an available domain...(not yet owned)

If you are under the impression that you already OWN this domain, then you might find this to be your starting place in re-directing (or "pointing") to your alternative website.

You DO own epgusa.com, and it IS hosted here at VodaHost............
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Edwina-

Until you can purchase "ElectricPaintbrushGallery.com" here via VodaHost, why don't you go ahead and simply publish "epgusa.com", and then point the 'longer name domain' via DNS the way you wanted to in the first place?
              It may take a day or so for the domain registration to be complete for DNS changes anyway, so if you are anxious to publish, by all means, go right ahead!

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
                Edwina-

Until you can purchase "ElectricPaintbrushGallery.com" here via VodaHost, why don't you go ahead and simply publish "epgusa.com", and then point the 'longer name domain' via DNS the way you wanted to in the first place?
                It may take a day or so for the domain registration to be complete for DNS changes anyway, so if you are anxious to publish, by all means, go right ahead!
                Vasili:
                I'm publishing with "epgusa.com" now. I just need help in redirecting should someone type in the long version mentioned above. I need someone to spell out the redirecting process. Can you explain the . . ."and then point the 'longer name domain' via DNS process to me. What does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Dween Bean
                  Vasili:
                  I'm publishing with "epgusa.com" now. I just need help in redirecting should someone type in the long version mentioned above. I need someone to spell out the redirecting process. Can you explain the . . ."and then point the 'longer name domain' via DNS process to me. What does this mean?
                  I just read the forum about add on domains. Is this what you mean? I'm going to give it a try.

Comment

You must first purchase the domain "ElectricPaintbrushGallery.com" in order to use it, direct it, or point it to a website in any manner whatsoever.
                    >> As of 12:42 P.M. PST, it is still available....if you want it, I suggest not delaying further!
                    You can do this through VodaHost (submit a ticket). Once this has been done, follow the tutorial on how to do an "Add-On" domain to your existing account!

Comment

Working...
                    X