• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Theresa
    Sergeant

• Jun 2006

page size

I am just creating my pages and was wondering what the size the page should be, ie. 800x600, I don't want the main/home page to be bigger than the screen, the other pages are fine if people have to scroll some to see all of the page. This website is for an organization and is not a business.
    Thanks
    Theresa
  • royb
    Major General

• Mar 2006

Re: page size

Generally most people use 800 width which will fit most users monitor settings and stops sideways scrolling. The length doesnt matter too much as scrolling up is sometimes necessary. I always use 780 width, I dont know why really but I always have.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
    royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

• Theresa
      Sergeant

• Jun 2006

does all info have to stay within the 800 mark, or can it go over and it will adjust once online.

Comment

• Girlonthehill
        General

• Oct 2005

Originally posted by Theresa
        does all info have to stay within the 800 mark, or can it go over and it will adjust once online.
        It ALL has to stay within the 800 mark. Top tip: make sure that the last thing you do before saving and publishing a page is to go to page properties and check that the page width is set to 800. It alters, automatically, as you move elements around your workspace so you need to double check it at the end.

VodaHost

Your Website People!
        1-302-283-3777 North America / International
        02036089024 / United Kingdom
        291916438 / Australia

------------------------

Top 3 Best Sellers

Web Hosting - Unlimited disk space & bandwidth.

Reseller Hosting - Start your own web hosting business.

Search Engine & Directory Submission - 300 directories + (Google,Yahoo,Bing)

Comment

• Theresa
          Sergeant

• Jun 2006

When I am creating a page and put in an email address, or link address do I have to do something special when entering it or will it automaticaly be usable once page is published.
          thanks

Comment

• Theresa
            Sergeant

• Jun 2006

adding email address

when I add my email address or put a link on the site, will it be useable once published, I have a newsletter that I cut and paste onto my site, will the links be usable as well once published, or do I have to do something special.
            Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X