No announcement yet.

Do I Have too Much Info on Index Page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I Have too Much Info on Index Page?

I seem to want to put everything on the Index page. Can anyone suggest what page to put a banner, counter, etc. Should I make a separate page for Links, Resources, Media, etc.

I appreciate any and all suggestions.

Andrea

Re: Do I Have too Much Info on Index Page?

I would always separate the information on to separate pages & areas. Front page should be eye-catching but not confusing. With a hint of pointing to other areas. If you put to much info on the front page, it will take longer to load & visitors will be confused & leave. If you move your main yellow box down a little you will have room for another menu bar if you want to stay with this theme. Your front page is fine & to the point.
    I would leave alone & point visitors to other areas, where you can put more in-depth detail about other topics..

Chris.
    Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Ouch, my eyes. lol
      I had to change background colors and clashing fount colors after hearing those same remarks from viewers. You have billions of colors to work with (custom Colors) I don't know who created the standard palet but most of the colors clash with each other. Clue: when working with custom colors write down the values so you can repete the color when you need. Also by changing one of the values by 30 you will get colors that complement each other. Play with the custom colors. Have fun After a while you'll break the bonds of the ****py palet.

http://www.circuspet.com

Comment

Thanks Chris - I had not thought of another menu bar. Great idea. I'll get to work on it.

Andrea

Comment

Working...
        X