Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Overlapping Text??

Back to the batik site?

However you finally decide to format your text (box, table, etc.), allowing for proper margins is a must, and this site needs to be adjusted for balance by creating acceptable margins: background to page, page to text, text layout within "area"....make it flow, not so "soldiered"/rigid/boxy for ease of view by visitors: shouldn't it be complimentarty to the Main Concept (batik)??
    Just a nudge from another VodaWonder!
    . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
    * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

The text on the menu buttons overlaps slightly at the top. Its not too noticeable but once you know about it your eyes are drawn to it.

http://www.plusplace.co.uk
      royb@plusplace.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by beegud2
        After entering the Store (ENTER TO SHOP) - you have a nice flash thingy (yes that's my tech talk...'thingy') and underneath it a text box that in red]

bzzz
        bzzz, I have a marque underneath the flash and it's not red (it's actually green). I wonder why it's coming up that way? And WHY can't I see it that way?
        Any help? Anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by royb
          The text on the menu buttons overlaps slightly at the top. Its not too noticeable but once you know about it your eyes are drawn to it.
          Hey Roy, I saw that and it shows before publishing. there are a couple of reasons i left it as such. 1. a smaller font size will them a little difficult to read (+ it doesn't really look nice) 2. that look gives a sort of rustic/renegade/in line with the whole concept of batiks (beautiful and abstract but no clean cut). do u understand what i mean, or did i overanalyze?
          Mapillar

Comment

Originally posted by Vasili
            Back to the batik site?

However you finally decide to format your text (box, table, etc.), allowing for proper margins is a must, and this site needs to be adjusted for balance by creating acceptable margins: background to page, page to text, text layout within "area"....make it flow, not so "soldiered"/rigid/boxy for ease of view by visitors: shouldn't it be complimentarty to the Main Concept (batik)??
            Just a nudge from another VodaWonder!
            I thought i did that, Vasili. However, please be just a tad bit more specific (pages, images) and i'll try and look at things from your perspective. I do really like what I going on, though, and i am not saying that i will change anything. However, if your critiques appeal to my more and make more sense then i might give it a shot. how does that sound?

Comment

The only over lap I can see is on the menu bar as mentioned before. Some of your text is very close to the edge of your background panels. I have made my site viewing with explorer, but if I switch to firefox, some of my text moves a fraction of an inch & can be over the edge of my background panels. So if you are using a text box its worth keeping them in a little from the edges.

Good luck

Chris

Regards Chris.

Collectables, Collecting, collectors-info.com

www.chrismorris.co.uk

House build project

Comment

Sabah Kunle is a textile designer whose creativity in batik design is strongly influenced by her life in the West Indies.

This is what I was referring to:
                The above is your first sentence in your Home Page text area, and there is hardly any space (margin) anywhere between the actual text and the edge of the purple "box".....

************************************************** ****************
                *....... If this is the "edge" of the purple color object that doubles as a "page" then you * can see how I have allowed a "margin by mimicing a space here.....

This might be visually occuring due to using the text box itself with a purple background rather than laying a transparent background textbox over a purple "object"?? Does this make sense now?
                You can "float" text over a colored square, for instance, to make it look like a Page, and by doing so, create many wonderful effects (not being square, offset, linear, etc.)
                . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
                * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
                X