• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Langlois
    First Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Transfering a website

Hi, I have not yet published a website, however, the thought of selling my future website some day has crossed my mind. My question is, when I have published my website, would it be possible to transfer that website to another person (by which I mean the entire website and domain name).

If this is possible, will I be liable for any residual fees after the transfer?

Thanks for any help and sorry if this has been asked before.

Ben Langlois.
  • davidundalicia
    General

• Mar 2006

Re: Transfering a website

Yes, you can transfer/sell your domain name and your website.

If you change the registered details to the new owner then you will not be liable after that change has been registered.
    Have fun
    Regards..... David

Step by Step Visual Tutorials for the complete beginner
    Newbies / Beginners Forum
    FREE Membership Login Scripts: - Meta Tags Analyzer
    My Social Networking Site - Free Contact Forms
    Finished your New website!! Now get it noticed Here:

Comment

• sheila@aplusbeautybuys.co
      Sergeant

• Feb 2006

When I transfer from another host who is hosting my email, they tell me I need to notify VodaHost with MX information. How do I do that?
      Sheila

Comment

• Langlois
        First Sergeant

• Jan 2006

Thanks. Would I also have to send them the BV page files stored on my computer, and if so, would they have to store them with the same file path? eg: \USERNAME\My Documents\BlueVoda\PAGENAME

And would this also apply to the images I have saved on my computer for each page?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

If the 'buyer' wants to continue to maintain the site as designed, he would need to download BV8 and use this tool also.

You can copy your entire BV folder (on your hard drive where pages are stored in addition to the files on the server) onto a CD or a memory stick and send it to the 'buyer.' I would personally prefer this method, as you will have a record of the entire set of files relinquished, and this would demonstrate "when" the transfer (responsibility) took place. The mailing receipt would also document the "sale" as completed.
          . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
          * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

• Vasili

• Mar 2006

Originally posted by sheila@aplusbeautybuys.co
            When I transfer from another host who is hosting my email, they tell me I need to notify VodaHost with MX information. How do I do that?
            I ran into this issue recently myself.....
            I have a domain elsewhere which is serving as my "catchall" account, collecting all my email from other domains, and I eventually decided to let it sit over "there" until I could get everything set up in independent accounts.
            Although the website for this domain is currently published here at VH as a sub-domain in an account (via DNS management: pointing to my VH account), I can still direct mail from sub-domains by setting up "Forwarders" in the VH Control Panel.....
            Do not mess with modifying the MX controls unless it is transferred to a VH account completely....I made a mistake of trying, and had to have Support reset my whole account!! >>When you truly transfer the domain, it is simple to set up your mail via the VH Control Panel.

Somehow, I don't think I helped here......
            . VodaWebs....Luxury Group
            * Success Is Potential Realized *

Comment

Working...
            X