• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bassmomma
    Private First Class

• Jul 2006

Can I add a movie I made?

I make movies with pictures & music in Windows Movie Maker. How do I put those on my website? Also, can I put Powerpoint presentations on the website? I think everything else is pretty self explanatory (due to the awesome tutorials). My website is Home, but I've had that domain name with another hosting company for less than 60 days, & I've been told I can't transfer it to VodaHost until 60 days is up. The other web host I tried first was so complicated I couldn't figure out how to use most of the webbuilding stuff. I'm hoping for a much more fun time using Voda Host! I want this to be fun project for me. I'm sorry if this movie question has already been asked, but I didn't see this specific question in any of the forums.

Thanks,
    Shawna
  • Andy128
    Major General

• Dec 2005

Re: Can I add a movie I made?

Bassmomma-

You should be able to go into your control panel and point our website to the Vodahost servers if you already have a BV account. Then you could
    publish your site to your BV account and when they clicked on your domain name- it would find your site here at Vodahost.

Movies and powerpoint- yes! You can have them played on your BV account. Watch the tutorials about adding elements (Windows media player) ait will show you how. Powerpoint- I seem to remember a thread not too long ago explaining how to set that up. Do a site search and see what you can find.

Andy
    PHP- is a blast!

Comment

• bassmomma
      Private First Class

• Jul 2006

Thanks Andy! I will give that a try.

Comment

• bill2006
        Lieutenant General

• May 2006

Nice site.
        Perhaps you might consider changing the title from 'Home' to something more descriptive of your website.
        Your pics aren't showing.
        Bill
        www.blueearthtea.com
        www.ftaaconsulting.com
        www.iaval.com
        www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

• bassmomma
          Private First Class

• Jul 2006

Thanks Bill. What you are viewing is the old site that I have under another web hosting service. Odd--when I typed in the URL, I typed in www.sajb.org, & it came up "Home" in the post. The other web hosting company stuff was so complicated that I couldn't do anything with it, so I switched to BV. Is there a way I can publish the site I'm currently working on in BV so people on the WWW can view it? Do I use my temporary URL? My domain name is less than 60 days old, so I guess I can't transfer it yet. Right now, I'm working on getting all the pages, links, etc. set up so I'll be ready to publish when I transfer the name to BV. This is all very new to me (even though I teach computer lab)--I'm just starting to get the hang of it. Once I get all the pages done, I'll have to link them all together & put in drop down boxes on some of them. Hopefully, with some time & a lot of patience, I will get this published. I really want it to be a fun task for me. The kids have a monthly tournament, & I want to be able to update info, make new movies, etc. Any helpful hints will be much appreciated! I have viewed almost all the tutorials, but I think I will have to go back & watch some of them again.

Comment

• bill2006
            Lieutenant General

• May 2006

On your domain transfer, start the countdown 60-59-58... http://www.vodahost.com/vodatalk/dom...html#post51708
            Bill
            www.blueearthtea.com
            www.ftaaconsulting.com
            www.iaval.com
            www.theemeraldbay.com

Comment

Working...
            X