Outlook Express Problems Related to Website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Krindone
    Private First Class

• Jun 2006

Outlook Express Problems Related to Website?

Hello

Not sure if any of you can help me, but I have an email problem. Because of my website, i set up a website "related" email address. Everything works fine, (and here's where the weird part comes in) except sending and receiving emails from the Navy (my customer). Some work and some don't. On most emails, both parties receive an error email from VodaHost saying that delivery was delay and eventually it doesn't send. Is this a problem I'm having or is this something with the Navy?? My company used to just have an email under Hotmail and we had no problems exchanging emails.

Can anyone help me?
  • ez-ez
    Special Status

• Mar 2006

Re: Outlook Express Problems Related to Website?

Krindone,

This could be due to either end, yours or theirs. Often, organizations like the navy have some stringent screening processes on their mail servers which ultimately effect the delivery time and may create delays. Some mail servers will dump the email if it is delayed or if it suspects that it is a spam. But also they may time-out and, again, dump the email.

Things you can do:

1. Login into CPanel and check your email setting, ie, your username.. etc.
    2. Ensure that the recipient has no screening or anti spam filtering processes that may hinder receiving your email. (The message you are receiving from Voda could be due to a bounced email with a wrong address or bounced email due to spam filtering).
    3. Test your email in text format without attachments, see how that goes, if the other party receives it, then they might need to change their email settings to be able to receive whatever you are sending them.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X